New Website - Any Feedback?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Loftis

KKF Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’d love your feedback on something. Our old website was 4 years old and needed a pretty heavy refresh, which we just launched last week. This was a huge project that took months to complete.

I really value this community and the support we’ve been shown over the years. I would be so appreciative if you would check the new site out and tell me what you love, what you hate, what’s broken, or what needs tweaking. Your feedback is invaluable and will be used as we continue to make changes.

Please reply here or email me at [email protected] with your thoughts.

Here’s the new site: theboardsmith.com

Thanks,
John

Hi everyone,

I’d love your feedback on something. Our old website was 4 years old and needed a pretty heavy refresh, which we just launched last week. This was a huge project that took months to complete.

I really value this community and the support we’ve been shown over the years. I would be so appreciative if you would check the new site out and tell me what you love, what you hate, what’s broken, or what needs tweaking. Your feedback is invaluable and will be used as we continue to make changes.

Please reply here or email me at [email protected] with your thoughts.

Here’s the new site: theboardsmith.com

Thanks,
John
Looks nice! The only feature I notice quickly as missing is a “sort by” feature, price ascending or descending kind of thing.

The selection isn’t huge and hard to scroll through so it is minor but it is something I know I typically like

Yeah, I guess now that I think about it, it could be nice for the SHOP landing page to list prices like:

Maple End Grain Cutting Board
$215-$480

Basically the smallest board with no add ons and the largest with all the add ons as the range. That way you can compare the pricing of different woods and styles right there on one page without having to click through.

Looks nice! The only feature I notice quickly as missing is a “sort by” feature, price ascending or descending kind of thing.

The selection isn’t huge and hard to scroll through so it is minor but it is something I know I typically like
Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring this up to our team. If we were to add a sort by feature, is there anything besides price you'd like to see included as a measure to sort by?

Yeah, I guess now that I think about it, it could be nice for the SHOP landing page to list prices like:

Maple End Grain Cutting Board
$215-$480

Basically the smallest board with no add ons and the largest with all the add ons as the range. That way you can compare the pricing of different woods and styles right there on one page without having to click through.
Thanks of the all feedback. I see what you're saying about having to click through. I'll talk to our team about this.

I think it’s a terrific overhaul, John. You kept some of my favorite sections of the old site intact (like the Specials “Frankenboard” narratives) and just smoothed out the rest. The rolling media quotes are eye-catching without being overkill.

Really like the new utensil holder — might have to grab one of those!

I think it’s a terrific overhaul, John. You kept some of my favorite sections of the old site intact (like the Specials “Frankenboard” narratives) and just smoothed out the rest. The rolling media quotes are eye-catching without being overkill.

Really like the new utensil holder — might have to grab one of those!
Thank you!

John, I’d consider a shop by wood species/shop by size choice. If I know im looking for a 12 x 18 board it might be better to see all the variations available to me that are that particular size. Sort of like the knife dealers let you shop by profile vs shop by manufacturer.

Overall I think the site looks great. It's clean while still providing a lot of content.

I really only have one criticism. I looked and looked, and could not find an order button for a free 24 x 36 walnut/ maple board. Could you please let me know where it is?

Thanks.

John, I’d consider a shop by wood species/shop by size choice. If I know im looking for a 12 x 18 board it might be better to see all the variations available to me that are that particular size. Sort of like the knife dealers let you shop by profile vs shop by manufacturer.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll talk to the team about this.

Overall I think the site looks great. It's clean while still providing a lot of content.

I really only have one criticism. I looked and looked, and could not find an order button for a free 24 x 36 walnut/ maple board. Could you please let me know where it is?

Thanks.
Haha, I'll let you know when we add that feature!

It's minor, but I find it a little irritating that prices don't appear until you mouse over a selection. It's offputting to me to see the product images and names with no price before then. I'd also echo the pretense for sorting and filtering options.

But, on the whole, I think it looks great and is intuitive.

Back