On Being a Good Samaritan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smurfmacaw

Reaction score
One of my coworkers was sitting at her desk trying to slice an apple with a german knife...seriously, "trying". I started laughing and she asked why, her knife was plenty sharp. I pressed my thumb hard enough to make it white and slid it down the edge. I felt sorry and told her I'd put an edge on it as a favor.

Next day I brought it back, sans the chips etc. with a nice edge appropriate for german steel. I did the tomato trick with a grape, jaws hit the ground. I told her "it's pretty sharp so be careful at first until you get used to it", she took the knife and immediately ran her thumb down the edge with predictable results :bigeek: Sigh! A few bandaides and some blood clean up and all was well.

She came in this morning and raved about the knife and how it cuts, especially her boyfriends thumb who I guess didn't believe her when she told him it was sharp. Maybe some people aren't meant to have sharp knives. :scratchhead:

Be sure to say this time it's free. Always charge for your services or you'll learn like I did that people will expect it for free every time. Then you'll be stuck with people expecting you to always sharpen their knives for free. A few beer s or coffee is always a good to receive

Back