Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, as a big plus, you will find yourself very much surrounded by japanese tourists.....

They may be more japanese guys then in Okinawa right now ;).... I live about 40 km away from Garmisch, and it is indeed the most beautiful place on earth, at least for natives like me!

@eechef:You may borrow my Raquin Gyuto for testing if you like, and some others as well.....

Greets Sebastian.

I'm going to help speed this thing along...I definitely want one of Robin's knives at some point but have way too much on my plate to give these the attention they deserve...should wind up going from Strumke to DaveB now...thanks for the opportunity Robin.

Cheers

Got the knives yesterday, prepped a bunch of stuff tonight for a friends dinner tomorrow, and so far, I'm definitely impressed! I'll leave more feedback when I have some time.

Lobby had asked to take a look when they got to me, so if that's cool, I can hand them off and Lobby can send them to DaveB. I should be dome w them after the new yr.

As long as the knives are in DC I would love to give them a spin in a pro environment.

I'm going to help speed this thing along...I definitely want one of Robin's knives at some point but have way too much on my plate to give these the attention they deserve...should wind up going from Strumke to DaveB now...thanks for the opportunity Robin.

Cheers

Hope it calms down for you and stuff go smoothly. let me know if things change :)

Got the knives yesterday, prepped a bunch of stuff tonight for a friends dinner tomorrow, and so far, I'm definitely impressed! I'll leave more feedback when I have some time.

Lobby had asked to take a look when they got to me, so if that's cool, I can hand them off and Lobby can send them to DaveB. I should be dome w them after the new yr.

Awesome! I think as long as you guys try to not hold them for excessive time so to speak, it should be alright :doublethumbsup:

I dropped the knives off to lobby not too long ago (and got a nice tour of the kitchen!)

Definitely a pleasure using them. I stropped them on a 5k stone, but no other sharpening.

Overall, food release was excellent, as expected with that crazy grind, although I was able to get some food to stick if I kept trying! It was well balanced too even with such a light blade. The main thing that struck me was how solid they felt while cutting given the thinness of the blade overall. It was noticeably flexible towards the tip, but not while cutting (only when trying to flex it, lightly!). I'm glad that I was able to give them a spin.

Thanks!

Still giving these knives a workout. I will probably ship them out this wednesday.

Thanks for updates and keeping it rolling 👍

knives are out to dave B he should get them in a couple days.

just curious if we have an updated list for the us pass around at all? interested in where i might be on it at this point. Thanks!

05. Mike (mrmnmns) (NY)
06. Brainsausage (ME)
07. Strumke (DC)
08. Chinacats (NC)
09. DaveB (FL)
10. Cheflarge (MI)
11. Deltaplex (IL)
12. Chuckles (MN)
13. Solidsnake (NE)
14. MattS (UT)
15. ElPecsador (soCA)
16. MC2442 (soCA)
17. Mikedtran (noCA
18. Ecchef

awesome! im actually sooner on this then i thought due to drops and changes.

Parker Fly Deluxe. Gets a lot of use. Light as a feather. My band mates hate the Darth Vader look. You're gonna love the knives !

The piezo pickup on those Parkers surprisingly sounds really good. Expensive guitars though.

Lars

I'm disappointed to read about you guys getting to play awesome guitars in a band :nono:

Darth vader look is pretty nifty imo

I can only imagine what the dialog would look like if I tried to converse in Swedish.

Heading to Post Office later 2day. Hope to find a package.

Hope you do :)

Hoppas kuttaperkorna skär som oljade blixtar då. Some swedish to enjoy :p

I'm sad I don't get to play with this Dalman, can I get added to the queue after the states lol. #gonnakeepit #mine #lovesmeagoodDalman #noma #kitchenknifeforumsneedshashtags :knife:

Where are the pics of the new knife?
And the reviews?
It is not so reader-friendly without lots of pics and opinions......

Looking forward to that part.
Best regards

Haha Dave you'll be alright on sweden vacation.
Godslayer your knives will be on the way once I beat this stubborn plague :)

Jaknil we can't force any feedback really, so any is a bonus. Here's a pic I snapped of the knife. Simpleish handle...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMRkjS_DzwP/

Lived in Stockholm a long, long time ago. As a kid remember seeing the Vasa kept in a mist and a lot of clean public transportation.

Oh, and picked up knives from the Post 2day. Yowser! I missed where they had become a pair. Knives look great but box is getting tired.

Gonna be a bad day to be an onion 2morrow.

1485215610005.jpg

1485215661359.jpg

Sweet thanks for the update and pics Dave. The other one is the old passaround knife that mrmnmns owns, he offered to send it along to compare differences.

To clarify as it was not all clear; octagonal handled one is the current knife, the one with cocobolo handle is the old passaround sent along to compare :)

And the octagonal handle on the current knife is intentionally not a "fancy" handle. As I wanted to ship out asap when changing the knife, and since there can be some wear and tear, I picked a stabilized masur wood handle with synthetic faux horn (juma) front piece, and just gave it a buffed finish. The stabilized masur doesn't have the looks it has in it's natural version with my oil finish.

Back