Penultimate sink bridge

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michi

I dislike attempts to rewrite history
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this on Amazon. It's basically the same design as the sink bridge in The sink bridge to end all sink bridges, but costs only a fraction. I haven't seen it in the flesh, but it looks like a solid option to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Sharpening-W...ds=stone+sharpening+sink+bridge&qid=157154243

51qBFaD3XiL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a price. Wonder if its short enough to fully utilize glass stones

Short enough? I don't think there will be any problem. You can adjust the holder to any reasonably-sized stone.
I'm talking about height of the stone, not length. Say the area gripping the stones is 1cm tall, and if a glass stone is 1cm tall, it'd be essentially unusable.

I'm talking about height of the stone, not length.
Ah, I see. From this picture, it looks like it would be fine. (If not, or if the stone is worn very thin, you can just put a little bit of padding underneath.)

913Qvvn6XyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. In for 1. Looks like it will be a little quicker to cleanup.

I like the look of this, but it is slightly shorter than the Naniwa sink bridge.

This new one fits sinks up to 17.75" (45cm) and goes much smaller. Maybe as short as 11" (28cm) but it does not specify.
The Naniwa sink bridge fits sinks from 15.75" (40cm) to 21.65" (55cm)

Either one of these would fit my 16" sink, but the new one will not fit lengthwise in a full size restaurant pan. (20") It might fit across the short side though. (12")

Is this shrinkable when not used?

It looked simpler and it would be better than the one from Tojiro because my hand won't hit the base even when the stone is thin. Moreover it was very affordable. I however skipped this one because it didn't seem to shrink or fold and would require some space to store.

Is this shrinkable when not used?

It looked simpler and it would be better than the one from Tojiro because my hand won't hit the base even when the stone is thin. Moreover it was very affordable. I however skipped this one because it didn't seem to shrink or fold and would require some space to store.
looks to be on two fixed rails, shrinkable would be nice.

i actually own both this holder and the kasfly holder, for thinner stones i.e glass stones i just use a spring loaded stone holder to elevate the stone a bit. also the biggest differences between the kasfly and this one lie in the placement of the wing nuts that allow adjustment. the kasfly one has the nuts much lower so if you are using a thinner stone the bolts dont hit your knuckles as easily. otherwise i almost like the rubber one better for jnats as it is a bit easier my stones that have uneven bottoms.

i actually own both this holder and the kasfly holder, for thinner stones i.e glass stones i just use a spring loaded stone holder to elevate the stone a bit. also the biggest differences between the kasfly and this one lie in the placement of the wing nuts that allow adjustment. the kasfly one has the nuts much lower so if you are using a thinner stone the bolts dont hit your knuckles as easily. otherwise i almost like the rubber one better for jnats as it is a bit easier my stones that have uneven bottoms.
Does this bridge feel like a solid set up? I am kind of rough with things and dont want to break it?

Back