Media Pictures/videos of new/unknown makers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple from Haburn Knives. He's a poster on Reddit, where I often frequent.

f03dqkL.jpg

53j8lGz.jpg

It's not often we find other makers who can do a kitchen knife that looks right, but wow, this one really surprised me. Mitchell Knives:

DSCN4379.JPG

DSCN4359.JPG

DSCN4365.JPG

Says about 200mm or so, 1095 steel with hamon (not visible in pictures).

Doesn't seem like he does many other kitchen knives.

I am just so surprised. He is a very good maker, but all of his work is pretty modern/tactical. This is so far off from his usual style that I'm just in awe for how well it seems to have turned out.

I am just so surprised. He is a very good maker, but all of his work is pretty modern/tactical. This is so far off from his usual style that I'm just in awe for how well it seems to have turned out.

It's pretty clear he's a pro with a grinder though...lol. A good grinder and the skill to use it properly would make doing a yanagiba much easier, you know?

Definitely for sure. It'll be a while before I can get any grinds that crisp...

I don't know why, but Ivan Campos is a name that sounds sooo familiar, but I've never actually seen his work. He's been doing this for a while I think.

dam0776001.jpg

egyutostandard86001.jpg

esantoku60011.jpg

dam017e0286001.jpg

The gyuto in the center is nice. Though they all look handle heavy to me. That could totally be a perspective thing though...for sure.

The two Damascus ones on the ends are nice as well.

I agree, they look like they might be handle heavy, but I can't tell from just pictures. I really do like that 2nd one though too.

Ivan is a member here and is friends with half the facebook guys. He is a good maker. A couple of the pieces I have handled have been a little on the thick side but, not overly so. They weren't lasers, just good solid performing knives at a little softer RC them a lot of the guys prefer. Ivan makes nice stuff.

Kyle Hanson (Don Hanson's son) at it again. Very new maker with the best of the best as a teacher. I am jealous, to say the least...

14kyle1_zps84c1ed5d.jpg

14kyle5_zps00831ddc.jpg

Here is one I found by Nate Bocker, who I don't think often makes kitchen knives. It just looks right.

XuQfBhO.jpg

Had to bump this. I was going through some pictures of another maker whose work I have fallen in love with. This was the only kitchen knife I saw on his web page, and it is spectacular.

Anders Hogstrom:

DSC_0004_24.jpg

DSC_0008_12.jpg

DSC_0007_20.jpg

Sadly the pictures aren't large.

How does one go about learning more on this Andy Billipp? Those 2 knives look fantastic!

I first saw his work on Facebook. He's a frequent poster in the "Knife Makers" group. There's a lot of great stuff there...

Latest posts

Back