Pizza oven.....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! I have an earlier model, the Bollore with biscotto stones. This oven excels at Neapolitan style pizzas. No charred bottoms, perfectly cooked sub 60-90 sec pies. I’be been leaning towards a hybrid 00/HG flour dough 3 min pie cause it’s easier to eat by hand and doesn’t have to be eaten immediately to enjoy.

However, if you are after NY or Detroit then I find my home oven with a steel does a better job.

good to hear!

yeah for thicker crust pizze I'd probably use the 'pizza' function of the regular over and thick steel too.

Very interested in this thread, as I'm looking for a new pizza oven myself. At my old house, I had a built in Chicago Brick Oven. It was wonderful for Neopolitan style, and fire roasted meats and veggies, but no question the 5 plus hours to get up to temp and heat in the bricks etc. meant it was kind of a weekend party trick...no where near used as much as I intended.

I don't want to derail the thread from the OPs's questions, but anyone have experience with so called hybrid ovens. Is it primarily one fuel or the other, or goes the gas help to get heat sink in the refractory faster, then you add wood for the flavor?
There's commercial models that are gas fired, but, you place some lit wood on the side to add some smoke.

I just got the seasoning of the Biscotto in time (well almost)...
What i do not get is what it does, anyone here who knows?

(the only thing I can think of is to get rid of moisture built up since baking them)

I got a Gozney Roccbox last year ($400 on sale) and have been having a blast with it. My end game oven would be the Gozney Dome... but at $2000 I'm fine with the Roccbox.

Roccbox

IMG_8931.jpg
IMG_8929.jpg
IMG_9035.jpg

well that was a GREAT experience, biased as heck of course BUT, I was nowhere near prepared for the speed of cooking the first pizza....so lots of black on the corniciole....were better, and the stone was slightly hotter...what a difference in taste, wow....crispy outside fluffy inside, toppings still tasty...I do not think we'll be ever buying a pizza...

this was frozen leftover dough.....since 48 hours of proofing was impossible

second and third (shown below), our son (6) commented that the new oven was responsible for the best pizza he ever had (the one with Gorgonzola)
20230414_174628.jpg

20230414_173423.jpg

BTW I'm suspecting the Biscotto stone is a huge game changer too!
I have been tinkering with a 5 cm thick Corderite stone in the ferrari3G oven with both heating coils over the pizza (causing a meltdown of handles and lid knob), that did improve things but it was very tricky preheating that stone so the result was either an undercooked bottom OR a burnt bottom...

With the Arduro it is spot on....end game pizza oven IMO

480Celsius was the stone temp....no burned underside :p

Last edited:
I just got the seasoning of the Biscotto in time (well almost)...
What i do not get is what it does, anyone here who knows?

(the only thing I can think of is to get rid of moisture built up since baking them)
That's indeed what it does, it prevents the stone from cracking as the moisture slowly evaporates instead of expanding too fast whilst being trapped within the stone.

Besides that, this process also helps the oven 'set', so everything expands slowly into place instead of forcing it.

This is at least the theory according to Simone (the guy representing PP on pizzamaking.com)

I'm on the lookout for an end game Pizza oven. after 30 odd years of making pizza I think I'm good enough at it to get a decent oven, I initially wanted wood fired but with 24-48 hours of proofing/resting firing a wood oven for half a day until it's at 500 'C or so is a bit much so I'll settle for gas.

came across this one, plan A was an ooni, yet after reading those have a thin bottom (fat bottomed girls are more fun after all) and reading that oven drops like 150C in temp easily I ditched that plan....and found this beauty, thoughts ayone?

Good thread topic Marcel! I've also been looking at home pizza ovens—have wanted one for years. Although, currently only considering electric models, I'd like to steer clear of fossil fueled ovens, since gas appliances will/are (hopefully) being phased out in the states, or at least the states I would live in. The Ooni Volt 12 has caught my attention.
It's an old thread, haven’t scanned back to see what you ended up buying, or if still looking.

I bought a green mountain grill pellet smoker and the pizza attachment. No qualms, get 950f plus

Just throwing out an option outside a single purpose oven but space dependent too.

I need to get off this damn forum
I’m sure you can find support groups online. Do a Google search for recovery programs. Your local community may well have a “quit” group. Depending on where you live, there may also be government funded initiatives, similar to what you can find for problem gambling and the like.

I’m sure you can find support groups online. Do a Google search for recovery programs. Your local community may well have a “quit” group. Depending on where you live, there may also be government funded initiatives, similar to what you can find for problem gambling and the like.
This is a very kind and sincere post, thanks @Michi

Maybe pineapple on pizza enjoyers are not so bad after all…

Thankfully this year isn’t looking quite so problematic as the last, although I do now have a fantastic relationship with my postman. Last week he said that he misses me. 😅

This is a very kind and sincere post, thanks @Michi

Maybe pineapple on pizza enjoyers are not so bad after all…

Thankfully this year isn’t looking quite so problematic as the last, although I do now have a fantastic relationship with my postman. Last week he said that he misses me. 😅
As someone who thoroughly enjoys both the process and the eating of good homemade pizza, I don't want to be on my deathbed thinking... "ya know, I really should have gotten that pizza oven". That said, my relatively entry level Roccbox is just about perfect. The new Arc looks nice but I find the 12" I can cook is big enough. I'd rather bake 4 12" pizzas with different toppings than 2 16".

Good thread topic Marcel! I've also been looking at home pizza ovens—have wanted one for years. Although, currently only considering electric models, I'd like to steer clear of fossil fueled ovens, since gas appliances will/are (hopefully) being phased out in the states, or at least the states I would live in. The Ooni Volt 12 has caught my attention.
It's an old thread, haven’t scanned back to see what you ended up buying, or if still looking.
I ended up buying a Pizza Party Ardore with the Saputo biscotto stone floor, gas fired, capable of 500'C

It transformed pizza baking for me. Propane will be around forever I guess, camping etc will not work on electricity.

I ended up buying a Pizza Party Ardore with the Saputo biscotto stone floor, gas fired, capable of 500'C

It transformed pizza baking for me. Propane will be around forever I guess, camping etc will not work on electricity.
🍕 Awesome! I’m envious of pizza oven people.

Back