• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Pretty bench nagura still left

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethompson

probably staying up too late sharpening again
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, done about 20 hours of sharpening and polishing since pulling out all my stuff Friday night and have made some decisions on stuff to trim. All prices include shipping.

First up is an incredible hunk of kiita that I am all but certain is Nakayama. Purchased on the forums from @musicman980. Very hard, very fine, very fast. Suitable for finishing tools, razors, and as a highest level polisher - I've never had it pull iron on soft clad.
$975
304x82x38, 2,328g

Next is a nagura that I'm selling at far less than my cost. Insanely beautiful stone. Purchased because I'd tried a similar one that was soft and creamy unlike other nagura stones which tend to be harder and chalkier. It is smooth and creamy and it is a capable stone. But it does periodically spit out a particle that is more like 1.5k compared to the 4.5k that the rest of the stone is. Overall the finish is still nice, but it's enough to prevent me from using it exactly as I'd like. Perfect stone for sharpening in that range, still a worthwhile polisher and who knows, maybe you'll lap through an oxidized layer or find the spot that throws the particle and it'll turn into a truly elite stone.
$275 $150
206x76x47, 1,652g

Big easy to use all purpose kasumi / sharpening stone. I'd put money on it being a softer example of aiiwatani tomae bust on feel and look, but it could be Shoubu or any other of a number of things. Works fast, pretty nice feel, nice kasumi polish and edges in the 6-7k range. Huge and good value.
$225
225x80x59, 2,619g

Last edited:
Kiita polish
IMG_7135.jpeg
IMG_7138.jpeg
IMG_7136.jpeg
IMG_7137.jpeg

Oh yea, one more! Ao Ginsei Numata - this will give any Aizu a run for its money. Very, very solid mid-grit. Fast, not glassy feeling but still hard, sets up perfectly for future polishing
$110
1,666g, 196x70x50

Oh c’mon people!

(Would the shipping cost for this kill me ET...?)

Oh c’mon people!

(Would the shipping cost for this kill me ET...?)
The world is really weird if this one doesn't sell until I wake up tomorrow...for THAT price! If I hadn't bought a nice Aizu from Edward recently, this one would already be mine! It will make someone really happy!

Oh good. I can stop saying to myself "it is wrong to buy a stone that does what a stone you already have does, just because it is really freaking gorgeous." I was starting to believe myself less and less.

Back