Quality, large, no-frills wood cutting board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cksnffr

Reaction score
I only use poly boards at work, so that's what I have at home. Well, someone gave me a Boos wooden board a while ago, but my wife ran it through the dishwasher and it delaminated.

Anyway my wife really wants a wooden one again and knows not to use the dishwasher. So I'm open to it, but I don't know what to get. I know I don't want anything extravagant, no silly "features" and the like.

I'd like it to be at least 24x18. What's the go-to choice for a board that will last without being fancy? Think MAC instead of Kato....

Boardsmith is the go to for endgrained. $280 for 18x24.
Otherwise, if you were looking for a cheaper option, you could always email boardsmith to see how much a edgegrain would run.
Wood Welded also sells cheap edgegrain. $90 for 18x24.
Both are made in USA.

Hinoki boards are fantastic and usually cheaper than the end grain boards. Simple clean appearance, super easy on knives, smell fantastic

Personally, I'd be a little cautious about boards simply labeled Acacia. Acacia is a huge (hundreds of species, not counting the two separate genera recently split off)) genus and their properties are all over the map, some too hard hard for cutting boards IMO.

Boardsmith 100%

18 x 24 Maple
IMG_0386.JPG

Latest posts

Back