• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Red Flags on BST

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is also like a scammer training manual…hope they don’t read it…
Yeah, I’ve definitely recognised a couple of potential weak spots in the BST system during the course of this thread that I hope nobody spells out explicitly for the bad actors. 😬

Most of the scamming in recent times seems to be through hijacked zombie accounts. The scammers know we are less likely to be on our guard if an established member posts a desirable knife.
Man people suck.

I'm sure that's true, but I still fail to see the upside to the waiver policy beyond getting cash for the board (which is a very good thing, obviously, I just think this manner of doing it carries inherent risk for members).

Most of the scamming in recent times seems to be through hijacked zombie accounts. The scammers know we are less likely to be on our guard if an established member posts a desirable knife.
Knowing some of the old school KKFers though, someone who hasn't posted in 5 years and then makes a clumsy BST for a rare knife way under market value isn't gonna shock me.

Half those boys have some serious kit, are running Windows XP on a yellowed plastic swarf covered PC in their garage, realize they haven't used that Mizuno in a decade, and look around for an AOL disk so they can go back to that forum they used to be on to sell it.

Definitely a "verify first" situation, but not at all surprising or a bright red flag. 😂

There is precedent for OG members to appear outta nowhere after their accounts being dormant for several years. I’ll never forgive BrainSausage returning one day and dropping a Kato 270mm suji in BST for $800 without consulting me first 😡
However, the red flags surrounding this recent dude were plenty. Probably about a dozen really.

There is precedent for OG members to appear outta nowhere after their accounts being dormant for several years. I’ll never forgive BrainSausage returning one day and dropping a Kato 270mm suji in BST for $800 without consulting me first 😡
However, the red flags surrounding this recent dude were plenty. Probably about a dozen really.
What a dick!! Pretty sure that guy still owes me some smoked almonds!

If you see me selling any knives cheap, know I’m dead and wifey is using my account to sell my knives for what I told her I paid…
Just make sure you update your Will and attach receipts. She can retire early.......

I would like to be in the wills of @tostadas @Rideon66 and @Brian Weekley
I have this recurring nightmare … one of my kids arrives at the Goodwill Store after I’m gone. She says “I’ve just got a couple of boxes of crummy old scratched and banged up knives that my dad had … would you give me $15 for the lot?”

I generally wake in a terror sweat just as the money changes hands. Sort of similar to dreaming that you’re falling!

BTW … if I had @marc4pt0, or @drsmp ’s collections I would probably just burn mine.

Last edited:
Back