Review: Eddworks "Absolutely Nothing"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariner

Reaction score
The knife I'm reviewing is from @eddworks and has its original product page here: https://www.eddworks.com/products/absolutely-nothing

1714071030393.png

The knife fits perfectly onto my board and matches perfectly the colors of my cutting boards. For the price ($1), it's really got to be one of the best pieces I've ever used before. I'm so enthusiastic about this new budget line that I can't help but share with others.

Performance
This knife goes through product like it absolutely doesn't exist. It can do sub-millimeter horizontal cuts on thick products like sweet potatoes without moving the product around at all. Horizontal cuts on onion dices are effortless. And carrot bisection doesn't make a sound.

I'm really surprised actually at how little sticking this knife experiences for how thin it is - it should theoretically be super sticky given the flat grind, but I suspect there may be some quantum effect at play.

Choil shot kind of tells the whole story (zoom in to see how thin it gets at the edge!)
1714071294690.png

Finally, the distal taper is really impressive. You almost can't see the spine at all as it approaches the tip.
1714071365812.png

Unboxing and packaging
I was really impressed with the care that the knife was packed with and yet how little waste needed to ship. It's so heartwarming to see sustainable environment practices being adopted by artisan knifemakers.

Conclusion
For the price, you really can't beat this knife. I went ahead and picked up a second as a gift for the next time a friend asks me for a "real artisan knife".

Thanks for the review, very informative. Been seeing a lot of Eddworks around KKF and he is definitely on my list to try. His popularity exploded right when I got interested though, every knife is sold out instantly.

It looks like this new budget line might just be in stock long enough for me to score one. :cool:

The knife I'm reviewing is from @eddworks and has its original product page here: https://www.eddworks.com/products/absolutely-nothing

View attachment 317472

The knife fits perfectly onto my board and matches perfectly the colors of my cutting boards. For the price ($1), it's really got to be one of the best pieces I've ever used before. I'm so enthusiastic about this new budget line that I can't help but share with others.

Performance
This knife goes through product like it absolutely doesn't exist. It can do sub-millimeter horizontal cuts on thick products like sweet potatoes without moving the product around at all. Horizontal cuts on onion dices are effortless. And carrot bisection doesn't make a sound.

I'm really surprised actually at how little sticking this knife experiences for how thin it is - it should theoretically be super sticky given the flat grind, but I suspect there may be some quantum effect at play.

Choil shot kind of tells the whole story (zoom in to see how thin it gets at the edge!)
View attachment 317477

Finally, the distal taper is really impressive. You almost can't see the spine at all as it approaches the tip.
View attachment 317480

Unboxing and packaging
I was really impressed with the care that the knife was packed with and yet how little waste needed to ship. It's so heartwarming to see sustainable environment practices being adopted by artisan knifemakers.

Conclusion
For the price, you really can't beat this knife. I went ahead and picked up a second as a gift for the next time a friend asks me for a "real artisan knife".
It’s a rare and lovely thing to behold a product entirely without any visible flaws.

I’d hesitate to put it to use though. Warnings abound about dividing by zero.

View attachment 317472

Performance

View attachment 317477

View attachment 317480

Unboxing and packaging

Conclusion
Nice socks 🫦

Really disappointed about this review, there's no mentioning about the zero edge grind, and whether it's prone to chipping or not

I just bought a thousand dollars worth of hardness testing files. None of them are successfully scratching this knife!

Back