• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Selling - Devin Thomas ITK 270mm Wa-Gyuto AEB-L - $540 + Shipping (OBO)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/devin-thomas-230-gyuto-1-2519-stainless.58697/
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...-arts-dt-yoshikane-tf-denka-ashi-ginga.67303/
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/devin-thomas-magnacut-gyuto.60581/#post-926809

Here’s 3 examples of DT knives that cost twice as much as yours maybe when purchased. They’re in alot better condition and the prices not too far off from what you’re asking.
The right DT with amazing Damascus, steel and great condition goes for what you’re asking and more.

If you want to know what a reasonable asking price might be I’d say $500IMO. Might sell for $400 give or take.
Thanks for the guidance. You are right that the price is too close for a quite used knife. I am going to adjust the price soon.

Find DT on IG. You can message him if you want to get on the list. And he periodically posts knives FS on IG. He sold a coupe earlier in the week.

DTs are like potato chips...

seems like OP may be best served just taking this to ebay and letting the market decide. put it up for $1, no reserve and wait for the (inflation adjusted) dollars to roll in.
That may be the way. May do that but set a higher reserve price. I cannot afford to part with it to cheaply. Need to replace it with something. I would trade it for a Kurosake AS Fujin 270mm Gyuto. That retails for $330 so maybe someone is willing to trade.

I have withdrawn the knife from sale. After receiving all your feedback, some of it helpful, some just mean, I decided to reach out to Devin Thomas to ask if he would re-profile the blade for me and he graciously agreed to do so. He is a mensch. I will now keep it and then pass it to my son as an heirloom. He likes it better than his Kurosaki Senko 270mm. He will love it when it is redone by "Hoss".

Thanks to all for your opinions. I have a nice knife but I do not know knives that well so I apologize if I offended anyone in my ignorance.

God bless...

I have withdrawn the knife from sale. After receiving all your feedback, some of it helpful, some just mean, I decided to reach out to Devin Thomas to ask if he would re-profile the blade for me and he graciously agreed to do so. He is a mensch. I will now keep it and then pass it to my son as an heirloom. He likes it better than his Kurosaki Senko 270mm. He will love it when it is redone by "Hoss".

Thanks to all for your opinions. I have a nice knife but I do not know knives that well so I apologize if I offended anyone in my ignorance.

God bless...

You handled this thing with class and grace.

Hope you hang around but either way, best of luck!

God bless...
I think you handled (no pun intended) this extremely well and with a lot of patience. I also think that your solution is absolutely the best outcome for you, since after Devin is done ,you will end up with a much better knife than you could have possibly purchased. When it’s done it would be great to see before and after photos!

I think you handled (no pun intended) this extremely well and with a lot of patience. I also think that your solution is absolutely the best outcome for you, since after Devin is done ,you will end up with a much better knife than you could have possibly purchased. When it’s done it would be great to see before and after photos!
I appreciate your sentiment. A lot of lessons learned for sure. And you are defiantly right, there could be no better conclusion that DT stepping in to solve the issue.

I will definitely post photos and celebrate Hoss's magnanimity. I am truly touched to my heart that he stepped in and offered to reform the blade. I have 10,000 hours with this blade and wish for 10,000 more for the blade whether with me or my son.

10,000 hours! I'm glad it's staying with you and your son after being touched up by Devin. I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing a knife of his so well loved.

10,000 hours! I'm glad it's staying with you and your son after being touched up by Devin. I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing a knife of his so well loved.
Darn straigh. My son is an amateur that grew up with a cook as a dad. He is the kind of kid that grows his own coriander root so he can make authentic Thai curries. Kid has the heart and the soul of a chef. He is all about perfect temp and honoring the product with which he has been blessed.

He is like so many of us...

Last edited:
yeah...he will be like "where did those 4mm of height on the blade go to..."

Never allow others to use your knife unless they understand what they are holding. 3mm lesson I learned the hard way.

Having the maker give a knife a spa day is awesome. Especially after losing 3mm of height, it couldn't really be considered the original grind anymore even if you've been thinning - that's why you got some of the earlier comments.

After the reprofile by Devin though it'll be good as new - a few mm lower but a proper representation of his work. It's great to have an "heirloom" knife; I hope my daughter chooses to keep a few of mine after I'm gone.

Having the maker give a knife a spa day is awesome. Especially after losing 3mm of height, it couldn't really be considered the original grind anymore even if you've been thinning - that's why you got some of the earlier comments.

After the reprofile by Devin though it'll be good as new - a few mm lower but a proper representation of his work. It's great to have an "heirloom" knife; I hope my daughter chooses to keep a few of mine after I'm gone.
Our kids usually inherit our addictions. My daughter and son are great cooks and center their lives on meals, love, and friends. I hope your daughter follows your example.

I hope so too. Cooking is great therapy, I have a noisy mind, but when I am cutting an onion? All that noise goes silent. Physical meditation I tell my wife. I try to justify knives is being a lot cheaper than weekly therapy.. though I have to admit that that rationale does not seem to be resonating with my wife...lol

I hope so too. Cooking is great therapy, I have a noisy mind, but when I am cutting an onion? All that noise goes silent. Physical meditation I tell my wife. I try to justify knives is being a lot cheaper than weekly therapy.. though I have to admit that that rationale does not seem to be resonating with my wife...lol
Things improve if you offer her a cut, so to speak.

Back