• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Several JNATs - Okudo Suita, Aizu, Nakayama Suita, old Hatakana Suita, etc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16756

Reaction score
Working on downsizing. Got some stones to sell as such. Im a bit pressed on time but this weekend I will be able to provide more details/images if anyone is interested in a stone. If you buy 2 stones take 50 off, 3 75, 4 100.

if you want additional information please reach out to me. I am never sure what pictures would be useful for folks but if you tell me what you want to see I will do my best to make it happen.

Okudo Suita - typical example of an Okudo suita. Just over 700g, 195x70x20. 4/5 hardness but easy for the hardness. Over time due to the back not being perfectly square some sharpening face will go away. these are my favorite edge stones but Ive got a massive one Im keeping. $265

Nakayama Suita - 86x162x27mm 825g really really fast for it's 4/5 hardness. I planed the top down a bit so it lost the stamps. Not super conveniently shaped backside. $215

Aiiwatani kiita - super pleasant 3.5 stone. Small at just over 400g, but a joy to polish on. 162x58x20. would be a great first natural. $115

Umajiyama Namito - 1600g of consistent 3.75 hardness stone. Thirsty, once properly hydrated this is an interesting stone. It's fine for it's hardness, just as fine as the okudo but distinctly softer. Perfect for someone who wants a refined finisher that isnt too hard on a budget. Given the massive size it'll last forever too. 78-82mm×199-212mm×23-35mm . $125

Aizu - 1675g, usable on both sides. Behaves a lot my like Morihei stamped Aizu. Nice angry Aizu edge. $225

Old Hatakana stamped suita - no idea what mine this is. with stamps and old sticker 70 x 193 x 30 mm. $425
withdrawn

Unknown mine suita - angriest edge Ive ever experienced on a suita. too hard to polish on unless youre better than I am, probably 4/5 hardness. surprisingly fast for hardness. well shaped other than one corner is a bit wonky. 200×70×25 about 825g. $135

Kuro renge stone is not for sale.

PXL_20220107_174349620.jpg

PXL_20220107_174456345.jpg

Last edited:
aizu sold.

also after quickly testing I had to amend the hardness of the unknown suita down a bit. I had remembered it being brutally hard but actually it's not so bad. not soft though.

backs of some of the stones:

top left: unknown mine suita, top right: okudo, far right: namito, mid left: nakayama, bottom left: aiiwatani
PXL_20220107_230223625.jpg

Last edited:
prices adjusted down.

more than happy to answer questions regarding any stone.

also re-tested the namito a bit and updated with my thoughts.

Last edited:
okudo and nakayama sold.

other stones are still looking for a home.

withdrawing the hatahanka stone after testing it. 1. could only save 2/3rds of the sticker and 2. not willing to let it go after seeing how it performs.

Id like to get these last 3 moved. I dunno, anyone willing to do 275 for the lot?

Ive not really had any interest in the Aiiwatani which I think is a shame too. This is a great little polisher and super easy to use, plus it's fast and a a nice bright color. You can even thin out the mud and get some details here's my Hinoura I needed to clean some patina off of:

PXL_20220111_213918742 (1).jpg

Back