Shig alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy christ....a shig kitaeji gyuto 180 western for 1286$...it'll be over 1400$ with the handle. Given that 180 westerns were going for 700-750$ not so long ago...fellas, we've created a monster!

Holy christ....a shig kitaeji gyuto 180 western for 1286$...it'll be over 1400$ with the handle. Given that 180 westerns were going for 700-750$ not so long ago...fellas, we've created a monster!

No sure when this was.. kitaeji westerns, especially 180's are very, very rare. Last one i have seen available was sold mid 2016. Most were sold during the 2013-2015 period on KKF. Nine yo handled shigefusa gyutos were sold in this period, 2 of which were kitaeji and those two sold for an average price of 1050 USD.

No sure when this was.. kitaeji westerns, especially 180's are very, very rare. Last one i have seen available was sold mid 2016. Most were sold during the 2013-2015 period on KKF. Nine yo handled shigefusa gyutos were sold in this period, 2 of which were kitaeji and those two sold for an average price of 1050 USD.

With the stats!

I would put fair market price just from looking on a 180mm Kasumi Yo-handle at ~$750-$800 and with the Kitaeji multiplier being x1.5-1.6 - $1280 for a Kitaeji seems right at fair market. Honestly I think you could get more from some collectors considering rarity.

Who got the Shig 270 Gyuto this morning. I got an email went and checked my phone and the knife was gone. ☺️

Good price on the 270 this morning, for those who like kitchen swords =)

I had it in the basket, but at the end of the day I decided to don't pull the trigger

Ugh.. that wait to see if you actually got it vs are going to get an email saying you were too late is torture..

That said, I guess I can confirm there was at least more than one of each, as I was able to snag one both too.

Ugh.. that wait to see if you actually got it vs are going to get an email saying you were too late is torture..

That said, I guess I can confirm there was at least more than one of each, as I was able to snag one both too.

that makes it 3 shig 270 kasumi :D I got one and i know of someone else with 1 as well.

It's a Switzerland based company so expect VAT hares on top. That said, some decent items there.

Back