• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shigefusa Kasumi Chuka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato42

Reaction score
I'm selling my Kasumi finish Shigefusa Chuka. Future life plans outweigh the desire to keep this knife any longer. I ordered it over 10 years ago, waited over 3 years to finally get it, and it was my main go to knife for a long time. I paid around $700 for it back in the day, and I'm asking $950 for it. I detest paypal and I continue to refuse to do any business with them whatsoever, but I am open to other electronic payment options. I have used zelle and TransferWise and had no issues. I'm fine with other payment methods too, if you want to go old school and send me a money order or something like that.

The knife has been used and it's not perfect, the main blemishes being some pitting mostly on the front face (engraved side) of the knife. There are also some very light scratches on the back side from my sharpening attempt. The pictures should show it fairly clearly, look for the dark spots. I tried to put a good edge on it, though I am terribly out of practice at sharpening and my result was pitiful. I tried cutting a single onion and I was disgusted with myself after having to actually push instead of the knife falling through as it should. It will take a great edge as I'm sure you know if you're looking here. The patina you see is the result of that single onion. Someone with natural stones should easily be able to put the hazy finish back into the bevel.

The measurements of the knife are 210 in length, 97.5mm height at the heel, 96mm height at the tip, 3.8mm thickness at the spine above the heel, 2.1mm at the spine above the tip, and weight of 449g.

The profile of the knife is very similar to the dimension and pictures you see here http://geijn.com/kas_chuka_230.html but a little thinner.

I have already contacted many people about the possibility of purchase of this knife from the WTB thread that was posted previously. Please be aware that you are considering a knife in not new, used in the kitchen to actually make food and such condition. I mentioned the pitting in the cladding of the knife, but seriously if that bothers you, you may want to reconsider. This knife is highly reactive.

If I have left out any details, please ask. I would rather you have all the information upfront than have buyers remorse. I have offered first right of refusal to nevin, as he started the WTB thread that I posted on initially. I do plan to donate some funds of this sale to the forums here after a successful sale.

0917191815b_HDRedit.jpg
0917191815c_HDR.jpg

It is currently 6am where Nevin lives.

If you have been kind enough to give him first dibs because of his original WTB, please give him a couple of hours to wake up, as I am absolutely certain he will take you up on it.

Just to be clearly, I’m not speculating on Nev’s behalf. I know him very well personally and I’m absolutely sure he would take it

Understood. I sent him a PM along with all the others who contacted me before about the sale.

If there is any “who gott next” count me in.

Thanks for sharing even though clearly you could’ve handled this under cover of darkness. I really appreciate being able to view this monster and hope to be so lucky someday! Sweet knife

There is an old thread about this very knife from back before I received it if you're curious for more. I think that was 8 years ago...

I know Nevin too he is definitely interested in this knife
img_0001-jpg.61357

Had to look this up :D

In an "echo", the host channel 'Tatered' bares a similar avatar to our guy, OP the OG @Potato42. Very clean.

Nice story with a good ending...

Back