Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't quite do it justice but the best I could at the moment.

IMG_5493.JPG

Hubba-Hubba! That is one good looking cleaver, how's it drive?

This is a soooooooo pretty cleaver, is this steel be able to get a sharp edge as takeda?
IMG_5483.JPG

Catcheside SS Chinese Cleaver

Sandvik 14c28n, hollow ground, 212mm x 110mm, 400g w/ handle. Wide edge bevels, think super thin stainless Takeda.

Will Catcheside has gone from just starting out to peerless (imo) in such a short space of time. And he keeps raising the bar.

Talent level = > 9000

Maumasi Fire Arts
W1 integral D handle in spalted maple with Buckeye burl accents

Stunning Maumasi knife! What size is it? and how tall is it? It's got beautiful lines and the handle is gorgeous.

Looks clean as. Never seen a tip like that on kitchen knife. Kinda looks clip pointish in the slightest way

I've been drooling over maumasi knives for a little while now. I would love to hear a review on it!

I did. I contemplated a couple other knives but I figured for a few dollars more I could get this knife. So far, money well spent. This knife is sweet. Very sharp OTB. I thought the Victorinox knife I have was sharp but it doesn't stand up to the Hiromoto.
Cut up an onion and it sliced through with ease. Patina started to form and I think it will look sweet.

Yes the Hiromoto AS is a good knife, the patina looks cool just let it go make sure you wash & dry well. When you put it to the stones the edge will polish up again.

Back