Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this really a new one luther? ;)
Your CJA collection is growing!

i cant get over the anderson handle, it looks so awkward to use

I agree it looks unconventional, and I don't have one myself, but if you think about it, there is some method to his madness. In a hammer grip it gives a palm swell that seats the handle in your grip. In a pinch grip, the swell acts to keep your palm from sliding back. The angled facets help keep the handle from rotating in hand more than a round or oval shape. Additionally, the blade's heel is angled away from the handle eliminating unused edge weight under where your pinch grip is located. Cris made a YouTube vid awhile ago about his handles and gripping them in use.

Of course, if it looks awkward or aesthetically unpleasant to you, this is unlikely to change your opinion.

Well each to his own I guess ... i.e. flashy handles ... for your own sake Panda - please look away :eek2:

Just received my re-handled Devin (225) ITK and a JKI Gengetsu (270) suji from Randy (HHH) … my crappy photos will never do them justice. FWIW the awesome handle Devin made for me - that was removable found a new home on a Mario 225 gyuto (not wasted).

Thx Randy for being willing to take on some “side work” … very much appreciated.

Well each to his own I guess ... i.e. flashy handles ... for your own sake Panda - please look away :eek2:

Just received my re-handled Devin (225) ITK and a JKI Gengetsu (270) suji from Randy (HHH) … my crappy photos will never do them justice. FWIW the awesome handle Devin made for me - that was removable found a new home on a Mario 225 gyuto (not wasted).

Thx Randy for being willing to take on some “side work” … very much appreciated.

That gengetsu is pure sex, the devin is also stellar

i was thinking the same thing until i saw the bolster and realized it was a western. luckily the burnt chestnut handle that came with my heiji suji is just fine, the only thing that would make it better is if it was D-shaped one.

i gotta admit though i prefer western handle for suji.

You know I think it was because of your praise some time ago I picked up the hi-softies ... excellent really (Korin had a sale) ... pretty sure anyway!

Any downfalls in your mind? I've only got the medium size... which (with the way i work) really is useless for anything over 210. Seems like it stains easily, but otherwise I really like the feedback off the board when cutting. Haven't had any issues with warping ect.

Sorry I don't have a sexy expensive knife to show off. Just one that seems to be a nice value.
DeGs1hI.jpg

Sorry I don't have a sexy expensive knife to show off. Just one that seems to be a nice value.
DeGs1hI.jpg
That sir, is gorgeous. I think I need to purchase one to replace the original K&S ginsanko that I gifted away. How is the grind?

That sir, is gorgeous. I think I need to purchase one to replace the original K&S ginsanko that I gifted away. How is the grind?
Stellar. I'm gonna go it on a limb and say will easily sit amongst the best cutters in any collection.

Its crazy how good it is given the price.

I agree. I loved my k&s ginsan tanaka to death. I have a pretty decent size collection and I always seem to be reaching for the tanaka. Urgh, I still regret giving that thing away.

Anyway.. noticed the picture didn't show up on my last post. Some of my recent aquisitions.

I agree. I loved my k&s ginsan tanaka to death. I have a pretty decent size collection and I always seem to be reaching for the tanaka. Urgh, I still regret giving that thing away.

Anyway.. noticed the picture didn't show up on my last post. Some of my recent aquisitions.

Those are all gorgeous!!! Love the yanagiba and the deba especially. Who are the makers?

What's that honyaki yanagiba with the hamon?

From front to back

Mizuno Tanrenjo Akitada Honyaki DX 240mm Gyuto

300mm Sakai Yoshikuni-Saku shirogami #2 mizu honyaki yanagiba by Yoshikazu Ikeda

180mm Sukenari Shirogami #1 honyaki Deba

270mm Sukenari Shirogami #1 honyaki yanagiba

The Rehandled Gengetsu reminds me of a Hattori, beautiful rehandle and knife..!

Back