Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sort of new.

picked up the blade from Marko at the end of 2016.

just got it back from Isiah Schroeder this month. Super happy with how it turned out:hungry:

now i need to figure out how im going to Saya this monster ... :(:eyebrow:

qwnjj2U.jpg
[/IMG]

sort of new.

picked up the blade from Marko at the end of 2016.

just got it back from Isiah Schroeder this month. Super happy with how it turned out:hungry:

now i need to figure out how im going to Saya this monster ... :(:eyebrow:

qwnjj2U.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats super stunning and get a leather sheath, wood saya would be clunky. When I say stunning I do mean stunning.

Thats super stunning and get a leather sheath, wood saya would be clunky. When I say stunning I do mean stunning.

thanks godslayer ... i agree. Isiah really knocked it out of the park. wont see this one on BST :nunchucks:

i like the leather sheath idea :plus1:

3lk6idwj5v.jpg

63uee.jpg

93xzp5ryr2.jpg

Xerxes, 280mm, 1.2442, Bog Oak/ Reindeer

3lk6idwj5v.jpg

63uee.jpg

93xzp.jpg

Xerxes, 280mm, 1.2442, Bog Oak/ Reindeer
Incredible. After I finish this round of customs I'm waiting for, I gotta get on his list. Beautiful knife and just my size, too.

Just got this rustic beauty in the mail:

wdx6b3h.jpg

Custom extra thin Fujiwara Teruyasu Stainless San Mai Cleaver (White #2 steel cutting edge I believe). 225 x 110mm and 419g

xzK7EDR.jpg

Fd1vi6Y.jpg

lqECFEv.jpg

(Sorry about the terrible photography)

Extremely sharp out of the box. Here is me very inexpertly slicing some tomato, no apparent reactivity. The nashiji gives amazing food release, the tomato slices were just falling away when sliced vertically:

[video]https://i.imgur.com/uvv7mjo.mp4[/video]

Just got this rustic beauty in the mail:

wdx6b3h.jpg

Custom extra thin Fujiwara Teruyasu Stainless San Mai Cleaver (White #2 steel cutting edge I believe). 225 x 110mm and 419g

xzK7EDR.jpg

Fd1vi6Y.jpg

lqECFEv.jpg

(Sorry about the terrible photography)

Extremely sharp out of the box. Here is me very inexpertly slicing some tomato, no apparent reactivity. The nashiji gives amazing food release, the tomato slices were just falling away when sliced vertically:

[video]https://i.imgur.com/uvv7mjo.mp4[/video]

o la la so sexyyyyyyy extra thin was good call!

The tf looks nice. Almost tempted to try my luck at a custom.

They were extremely easy to deal with and very happy to customise this at a very reasonable price. I'd certainly recommend at least getting in touch with them and seeing what they can do. As far as I can tell (I'm definitely no expert though) this one doesn't have any of the over grind issues I've seen mentioned in other threads.

They were extremely easy to deal with and very happy to customise this at a very reasonable price. I'd certainly recommend at least getting in touch with them and seeing what they can do. As far as I can tell (I'm definitely no expert though) this one doesn't have any of the over grind issues I've seen mentioned in other threads.

can you show us a clearer pic of the choil and from tip side as well? I think if you place a white piece paper as background it would be easier for your phone to focus on. thanks!!!

Not sure if these are much better but I just moved in here so I don't actually even have any white paper to use. Will try to get better ones at some point over the weekend.

Choil:
fT0DHCF.jpg

`Tip' End:

WTYpUEa.jpg

Spine showing distal taper and that the core steel runs all the way to the top:

ma0Sdgz.jpg

Not sure if these are much better but I just moved in here so I don't actually even have any white paper to use. Will try to get better ones at some point over the weekend.

looking very nice, especially that thinness behind the edge up the grind!

Gesshin Kagekiyo 270mm gyuto
This ones giving me some trouble with the customs, hopefully clears soon so i can play with it :nunchucks:

2li7sxj.jpg

Bloodroot Suji 8.25" - 37mm at heel (Integral, Spalted pecan, walnut saya)

25h2tci.jpg

5mfx9c.jpg

Bloodroot gyuto (Cocobolo, integral octagonal 225mm/50mm at heel)

2rdl2lz.jpg

2lc0dtu.jpg

These are my most recent purchases, + one takeda, no pics on that one. 150mm tall petty. (37mm)

(Photos belong to Bloodroot Blades/Jon JKI)

Can't wait!! Three more available with ho wood handles..

270mm Konosuke Fujiyama W#2 Sujihiki

konosuke-270mm-wa-sujihiki-fujiyama-shirogami-2-eb.jpg

Back