Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer your questions: Genkais are relatively easy to find, at least the regular wavy hamon or mt fuji hamon are. The others a harder, but I got lucky :). Why 3? Well, why not is a better question if you ask me.... same reason almost all people here buy multiple knives I guess. And at least one of them will be used!

They are good looking blades but every time someone mentions the mount fuji thing all I can think of is "Moons Over My Hammy". No sushi at Denny's though.

A couple of new acquisitions. The nakiri is my personal unicorn that I managed to hunt down. Finally!

8zjKqx7.jpg

nCGQaGd.jpg

5WkCs2X.jpg

I just got a shig santoku - being a purist, it didn't sit right - but I have to say I love using it.
~s

I just got a shig santoku - being a purist, it didn't sit right - but I have to say I love using it.
~s

Do you have the KU or kitaeji? Regardless, I’m glad to hear that you love using it. I love the profile of my santoku. I don’t care...call me Rachel for all I care. :lol2::knife:

I think knives should be delivered like this, what do you guys think?

4LnrL5K.jpg

Thanks KKF for letting me think I need a lot of Gyutos, when what I really need is an awesome Nakiri [emoji51]

Shout out to Judd for letting me buy this thing

I think knives should be delivered like this, what do you guys think?

4LnrL5K.jpg

Thanks KKF for letting me think I need a lot of Gyutos, when what I really need is an awesome Nakiri [emoji51]

Shout out to Judd for letting me buy this thing

Now, that’s what I call a unicorn express. Congrats!

Very nice. I really like the profile. The bacon line looks great too. More pictures and is the convex laser a work pony.

Yeah, I’m at work. Just wanted to take a quick pic before patina settles in. I’ll take more. Work pony is simply a figment of my imagination...until someone commissions Kippington to make one. 😎

Just ordered this: https://www.yanagiknife.com/copy-of-2 in 300mm. I wanted White Steel and I supposed I'd have preferred WS2 but WS1 should be a tiny bit sharper and this knife will never see a bone or even cartilage so hopefully I can keep it chip-free. Also got a 180mm Santoku because I'm not necessarily a purist and it filled a gap between my petty and gyutos. Think I'm good on hardware for now, now I am thinking of dipping my toe in the JNat waters. Not sure whether to smile or cry, with that.

Meet you down here in the Jnat hole.

Just ordered this: https://www.yanagiknife.com/copy-of-2 in 300mm. I wanted White Steel and I supposed I'd have preferred WS2 but WS1 should be a tiny bit sharper and this knife will never see a bone or even cartilage so hopefully I can keep it chip-free. Also got a 180mm Santoku because I'm not necessarily a purist and it filled a gap between my petty and gyutos. Think I'm good on hardware for now, now I am thinking of dipping my toe in the JNat waters. Not sure whether to smile or cry, with that.

Back