Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalman HANDLEs look CLASS even in basic version.
Dalman...
37279902zq.jpg

Thanks to nakneker I took possession of a Raquin Meat Killer. While it was close to the top of my “must use” list it wasn’t until I was inspired by the legendary marc4pt0 to give brining another try. After a couple of disastrous brining episodes a couple of decades ago I developed a complete “brining block”. I know ... I’m ashamed to admit it. Relegated forever to the ranks of a home cook! When brine sensei Marc arrived on the scene he inspired me to try again. Details are a closely guarded secret. Anyway the opportunity of a big family dinner offered a chance to break the block under Marc’s tutelage. I always experiment on family first. Two pork shoulders were carefully brined and sent to the Big Green Egg for the full Apple wood smoke treatment.

The Meat Killer was perfect for the task. 280mm long, 52mm high, 145SC core steel, soft iron clad, burnt oak handle.

Here’s a few pics of the knife and the roast.

CD4A072B-13E8-499C-A114-51BAC11384DB.jpeg
1F1579B0-EB31-4BB2-BF07-A1093209E626.jpeg
464DF865-0D9A-4344-8902-A8C5451F8CE6.jpeg
2131B2A1-6E69-4209-A3F9-50B3DDEE4EDD.jpeg
D5375BFF-5C58-4BC1-AEF1-A04220D632D2.jpeg

daddy ...

I have two cats ... both of which try to get into the pictures whenever they can. I thought this pic was kind of cute. There is a couple of my knife rolls in the background.
... and 2... I have had a lifelong motto ... “if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing to excess”. There’s lots of knives I leave on BST just for you. I’m actually very fussy about the knives I buy. ... Actually I buy more new knives than the used knives that I buy on BST.

michi... I won’t tell my cat you said that. When I was a young man living in Calgary, Alberta a court case decided that it was ok for the Chinese butcher to hang butchered cat carcasses in their display window. I guess that’s why you never found cats wandering around Calgary’s Chinatown ... whoops that word is probably no longer PC. Sorry!

michi... I won’t tell my cat you said that. When I was a young man living in Calgary, Alberta a court case decided that it was ok for the Chinese butcher to hang butchered cat carcasses in their display window. I guess that’s why you never found cats wandering around Calgary’s Chinatown ... whoops that word is probably no longer PC. Sorry!
cat.jpg

A rather popular Chinese restaurant in Brisbane got closed down a couple of years ago for selling wild Ibis as chicken. For those that aren't familiar Ibis are basically the bird version of rats. Hasn't stopped me from enjoying one of my favorite cuisines though.

A rather popular Chinese restaurant in Brisbane got closed down a couple of years ago for selling wild Ibis as chicken. For those that aren't familiar Ibis are basically the bird version of rats. Hasn't stopped me from enjoying one of my favorite cuisines though.

Wth.. they are a protected species .. those damn dumpster scavengers

That's crazy :eek: especially when chickens are so cheap. Crazy people do crazy things I guess

Nothing fancy, but I saw this particular knife being used by the carver at Cinco Jotas store at the Madrid dutyfree shop. It was a slow day so he talked for a good 30 minutes and gave me samples of all the different cuts of the left (14 in all I think), and he explained how he trained for 2 years before he was allowed to cut for the public. Ended up being an expensive lay-over! Anyway, it’s a fairly cheap knife, <$20, Arcos (Spain) Nitrum SS, 12”. Handle was cheap so I had a nice grey-blue curly mango handle added. Might be able to justify buying my own 5J Jamon Iberico de Bellota leg and smuggling it home in my suitcase :)

IMG_9067.jpg

IMG_9069.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

Konosuke MB shirogami 240 gyuto

It’s a great knife, but I don’t think it’s for me.

Attachments

• 9C97B154-247E-43B3-A90D-63165E037554.jpeg
    9C97B154-247E-43B3-A90D-63165E037554.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 6143F497-A59B-4EE1-950C-D281D256A6F5.jpeg
    6143F497-A59B-4EE1-950C-D281D256A6F5.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 101
Back