Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this was the project knife from your WTB? 🤣

One of them, yea. :)

I thought the handle was missing the requisite gunk deposits for it to be a TF...
Hats off to you for getting that convex so nice.
Still, troll, post a few pics of the side :dishwashing:

This was just a first try at doing this, and at figuring out how to work my belt sander in some new ways. So it’s not my best work - I grazed a little more of the blade than I wanted to, although the geometry’s still mostly fine, just scratched up a bit. It’s also just at the rough metal removal stage here. Anyway, I learned a lot!

image.jpg

I can’t take any credit for the convex side. 😆

image.jpg

Last edited:
One of them, yea. :)

This was just a first try at doing this, and at figuring out how to work my belt sander in some new ways. So it’s not my best work. And it’s also just at the rough metal removal stage.

View attachment 113935

I can’t take any credit for the convex side. 😆

View attachment 113936
Ha! I had a completely different mental image... I was completely fooled by the choil (but really bolster) shot.

Reactions: ian
Ha! I had a completely different mental image... I was completely fooled by the choil (but really bolster) shot.
Nice job on that bolster reduction. May I suggest leaving the right side as is for ultimate right hand bias

Reactions: ian
Received a delivery from France today “mais bien sure”😂😂😂

C130
280x60
280 gm
When I see "C130", my first thought is of something almost exactly a hundred times longer, and weighing about two hundred thousand times as much when fully loaded.

You could install four large turboprops on your knife, but they might affect the balance if not positioned carefully. :)

When I see "C130", my first thought is of something almost exactly a hundred times longer, and weighing about two hundred thousand times as much when fully loaded.

You could install four large turboprops on your knife, but they might affect the balance if not positioned carefully. :)

I thought the same thing and looked it up to make sure.

😂😂😂 just realized my typo! It’s a big mother plane indeed
Typo? I think you were correct all the time. In fact I think the plane is normally written with a hyphen, and the steel is not. It just happened to remind me.

Today I had to go to the post office twice because - no kidding - the postman was too lazy to ring at my door although I was home the whole day... But what am I complaining about, I have a job and I am healthy, and going to the post office twice a day keeps me fit! 😂

40505547zh.jpeg

40505549nt.jpeg

EDIT:
Tojiro 465g
CCK KF1303 255g

I've had a cleaver before, Sugimoto #6, which I couldn't get used to, it had to go. Now I'm back at cleavers with 2 new additions to my knife collection.
The Tojiro one is stainless and weighs 465g. First impression: feels pretty much the same as my Sugimoto.
The CCK one is supernimble, light, and despite its simplicity, non-existing F&F and its plain and boring standard handle which I had planned to remove, looks pretty cool and adds a new cleaver impression to my experience. This one will stay!!!

I have much more expensive cleavers including the one from your man crush B. Kamon but recently I’ve been going back to the CCK a lot. It’s a no nonsense tool and agreed: it’s just very nimble.

Finally was able to take this Mazaki Damascus Blue#1 300mm Yanagiba out of the box. Beautiful box- knife is ok too ;)

Attachments

• E1594AE6-50F8-4E62-8B17-2A1634B03504.jpeg
    E1594AE6-50F8-4E62-8B17-2A1634B03504.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 579F1AF7-111C-4249-85F2-4B0C95100E08.jpeg
    579F1AF7-111C-4249-85F2-4B0C95100E08.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 84
  • D3657B93-083F-4C02-855E-2F7D48886C58.jpeg
    D3657B93-083F-4C02-855E-2F7D48886C58.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 71
Back