Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it’s extremely insensitive to any forum member who lost someone close to them that day

Last edited:
So no art inspired by tragic events can ever be made, got it.

I’d love an example of when “art inspired by tragic events” was not only socially acceptable, but welcomed and asked for?

Edit:

At the EOD, I find this uncomfortable and disturbing. I’m not going to argue as I feel it’s self explanatory. I just wanted to voice my concern as I felt some feelings and perspectives weren’t taken into consideration during the initial post. Congratulations to everyone who secured a piece of history, but I personally wouldn’t be proud enough to parade it.

Last edited:
Maybe this would be a good conversation to have privately at this point :)

I mean I disagree in the sense that it's already happened and it's not really fair to squash uncomfortable conversations just because theyre uncomfortable. Maybe it could be its own thread though. too often I feel like someone feels compelled to point out why they think something is a problem and instead of addressing it everyone just piles on the "dont have this conversation in front of me I dont like it" bandwagon when what they really mean is "I disagree with you and dont like that you get to say that thing I dont like that publically"

of course Im not a mod so it's not up to me.

I mean I disagree in the sense that it's already happened and it's not really fair to squash uncomfortable conversations just because theyre uncomfortable. Maybe it could be its own thread though. too often I feel like someone feels compelled to point out why they think something is a problem and instead of addressing it everyone just piles on the "dont have this conversation in front of me I dont like it" bandwagon when what they really mean is "I disagree with you and dont like that you get to say that thing I dont like that publically"

of course Im not a mod so it's not up to me.

Just feels like it has nothing to do with this post. But I can see how it would be good as a separate discussion. :)

when hundreds of people died and their families didn’t see the profit? Yes, it is.

edit:

idk what happened with the proceeds, just basing my stance off readily available context

Per this post from @thebradleycrew proceeds from the auction benefitted children of families impacted by 9/11. I think that’s a pretty worthy cause.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...s-supporting-tuesdays-children-charity.55385/
Also you can find tons of 9/11 related commemorative merchandise with a quick google search.

I have no idea … but you are entitled to your opinion as are those who see the knives as appropriate memorials.

Again, not to argue, but it baffles me how this could be seen as an appropriate memorial? To me, the only people who have a right to memorialize this are family of the victims, and I doubt they’d chose a chef knife to celebrate their loved ones..

Koho Musou Masakuni Mizu Honyaki White 1 Yanagiba 360mm
Forged by Genkai Masakuni
Sharpened Hakuho
Double Buffalo/ Silver Ring with Rosewood Octagonal Handle
高鳳無双正國 玄海正国 伯鳳研 柳刃包丁 尺二 水焼 本焼 白一鋼 上下水牛 銀巻花梨八角柄

It’s made at least 20 years ago.

53110709-46E8-4A23-85D0-9233A2D83A40.jpeg
A075BAC4-45A3-4123-9FBD-7D4EF3D81E25.jpeg
4C2914FE-464C-4C14-BC53-166973090F26.jpeg
42B3230A-60C2-454D-AA8B-490AC96ECEEB.png

Koho Musou Masakuni Mizu Honyaki White 1 Yanagiba 360mm
Forged by Genkai Masakuni
Sharpened Hakuho
Double Buffalo/ Silver Ring with Rosewood Octagonal Handle
高鳳無双正國 玄海正国 伯鳳研 柳刃包丁 尺二 水焼 本焼 白一鋼 上下水牛 銀巻花梨八角柄

It’s made at least 20 years ago.

View attachment 152673View attachment 152674View attachment 152675View attachment 152676
Is the rainbow some sort of polishing technique, or a coating/lacquer?

I’d love an example of when “art inspired by tragic events” was not only socially acceptable, but welcomed and asked for?

Edit:

At the EOD, I find this uncomfortable and disturbing. I’m not going to argue as I feel it’s self explanatory. I just wanted to voice my concern as I felt some feelings and perspectives weren’t taken into consideration during the initial post. Congratulations to everyone who secured a piece of history, but I personally wouldn’t be proud enough to parade it.
How about countless songs, paintings, sculptures, movies, and television shows?

My first Japanese knife. A while ago I asked for advice on the forum for my first gyuto and I quickly decided on the Tojiro DP. Went to order it, paypal acted up and wouldn't let me pay, forgot about it and went with the Takamura R2 a few weeks later. I love everything about it. The length, how thin the blade is, the handle, weight.... it's perfect.

20211119_161506.jpg

My first Japanese knife. A while ago I asked for advice on the forum for my first gyuto and I quickly decided on the Tojiro DP. Went to order it, paypal acted up and wouldn't let me pay, forgot about it and went with the Takamura R2 a few weeks later. I love everything about it. The length, how thin the blade is, the handle, weight.... it's perfect.

View attachment 152694

You should try the Chromax, I think it's better IMO because the steel is less "chippy", but still holds an edge like nobody's business.

Got a great deal on an Ashi Hamono lefty Honesuki here at Bernal Cutlery. It really has some impressive mass to it. It's maiden voyage happens tonight on some yakitori.

_MG_0106.jpeg
_MG_0107.jpeg

" 255 mm bread knife SG2 "
Damn... that bread knife is from another world 😍

Back