Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice whatever it is. Low-ish layer count, differentially hardened...

Not very new to me, but I finally finished the restore job on this one. Shallots beware

Attachments

• DC96E37B-1D65-49FE-87B4-78E79EA8B77A.jpeg
    DC96E37B-1D65-49FE-87B4-78E79EA8B77A.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 76
  • A6284F26-ADDE-4EC0-BAD6-D125347D744E.jpeg
    A6284F26-ADDE-4EC0-BAD6-D125347D744E.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 70
So ive seen 'coreless' before in the knife description but what does that exactly mean? There is no core steel? like how you have some knives with a core steel of white#2 with an iron jacket.

Correct. Damascus is normally assumed to be damascus cladding over a core, unless it's specifically referred to as coreless.

District has some nice knives on their website. If only they would run a seasonal promotion or sale like their competitors.😩

Oh yes, I splurged a bit. But there was a piece of my tax refund asking to be spent. Interestingly enough, DC had the best price I've come across for the 240mm Karin. Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Wondering how you are finding the Matsubara Suji - I'm imagining it to be pretty thin? Any degree of flex or rigid? Many thanks.
Well I’ve only used it once. To slice some Easter ham. Got some nice thin slices and was able to shave some too. But with a little more effort than I expected. Needs to be touched up. It’s my first and only Suji. Always just used a gyuto to slice. So I don’t really have a good grasp of Suji performance. Very stiff blade. Seems really thin bte but really thickens up. I’ll try to get some choil shots etc… Friday for you. Got it bc I love nashiji finishes and wanted to try a new maker. The nashiji is really well done as is the F&F. Cheers.

Yes, I have. It is a modified 225 that I had the chance to purchase a while ago. It has been modified by German maker suntravel/Uwe, he has also made the bog oak handle.
👍
What's your favourite man?

Back