Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tadokoro 270mm Ginsan Sujihiki
R0000844.JPG

R0000842.JPG
R0000839.JPG

Sometimes you’re all “Yeah I know I’m falling for social media marketing hype and I’m probably going to regret it, and I’m going to be just a little bit embarrassed about the whole thing later but damn it looks cool and unique and what the hell, I just want it because I want it.”

Majime Limited Edition 180x50mm in AEB-L, feather s-grind.
25D3729F-16C5-4D4B-A2B9-BF89FC5AAE23.jpeg

Unboxing video

Majime Limited Edition 180x50mm in AEB-L, feather s-grind.
Curious how you will like it. I have read some unfavourable reviews about it.
For anyone looking for something like that I can recommend Sheepersbuilt. They are doing a really solid job.

Curious how you will like it. I have read some unfavourable reviews about it.
For anyone looking for something like that I can recommend Sheepersbuilt. They are doing a really solid job.

I know, I know. I heard it was a bit thick and measurements confirm it'll need a bit of thinning. That'll be a PITA with the monosteel construction.

Sheepersbuilt do beautiful work, last I checked I believe they sell through vendors only? Unfortunately I found them just after they closed their books and haven't bothered trying to score one since.

Sheepersbuilt do beautiful work, last I checked I believe they sell through vendors only? Unfortunately I found them just after they closed their books and haven't bothered trying to score one since.
They mostly sold directly. They are still working on their new workshop but haven't heard much news lately.

I know, I know. I heard it was a bit thick and measurements confirm it'll need a bit of thinning. That'll be a PITA with the monosteel construction.

Inherently most S-grinds are fairly thick but to watch Max use it this thing flies through product. I didnt go back and look but maybe he is mainly using it on soft product where it doesnt matter as much?

Inherently most S-grinds are fairly thick but to watch Max use it this thing flies through product. I didnt go back and look but maybe he is mainly using it on soft product where it doesnt matter as much?

Yeah watching him slice through an avocado seed was crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised if he customized his demo model though.

His standard s-grinds are crazy thin so I’ll probably still end up getting one of his normal knives eventually.

these recent posts have me wondering, is there a favorite western maker thread? ive searched but can't seem to find one

Would you indulge a choil and spine shot? I’ve been on the fence about grabbing one of these. I need some encouragement to push me over the top
After playing with it a bit tonight, I'd definitely recommend you get one if you're on the fence. It's a very nice knife.

Personally, I've bought and sold around 40 knives. I've regretted selling only a few, and the kochi was one of them. Glad to have one back in my stable.

After playing with it a bit tonight, I'd definitely recommend you get one if you're on the fence. It's a very nice knife.

Personally, I've bought and sold around 40 knives. I've regretted selling only a few, and the kochi was one of them. Glad to have one back in my stable.
I did it, pulled the trigger. I had a kochi that I sold as well and I’ve been contemplating getting it back. Thanks for sharing yours and giving me that push . I went with the 240 migaki as well.

These new shipment of kochi is seriously amazing, thinnest so far, the 180 nakiri in person is astonishing.
Out of curiosity I know nothing about Kochi. Has Jon ever mentioned what steel they are? I assume iron clad? Thinking about adding a new suji, and maybe a nakiri, could be a possibility. The standout knives I hear about when I hear JKI are Kagekiyo, Kochi, and Heiji, only really know about the first.

Out of curiosity I know nothing about Kochi. Has Jon ever mentioned what steel they are? I assume iron clad? Thinking about adding a new suji, and maybe a nakiri, could be a possibility. The standout knives I hear about when I hear JKI are Kagekiyo, Kochi, and Heiji, only really know about the first.
Iron KU = V2
Stainless clad = white 2
Migaki = blue 2

The new shipment looking fairly light, my older V2 240 is about 205 grams. the new batch is only 170ish grams according to specs, interested to know how they feel in hand..

thanks for the insight.

as far as i remember i didnt really liked my yoshi skd. bevels was very sticky but unlike the kochi, it was also very short at the heel (49.5mm).

i might be tempted with 270 kochi for the extra heft and height.

thanks for the insight.

as far as i remember i didnt really liked my yoshi skd. bevels was very sticky but unlike the kochi, it was also very short at the heel (49.5mm).

i might be tempted with 270 kochi for the extra heft and height.
The K-tip might also be to your liking, they are taller and heavier, the edge profile is actually the same.

Back