Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Damascus claddings on those Takamuras are very striking. Jealous...:wink:

Not a kitchen knife but some of you may recognize this brand. Its everything everyone says it is. OOB edge was not up to KKF level, I fixed that though. First and last EDC.

76AD49F0-2B57-4B9F-B8B0-F12911FEAEB1.jpgA35989E6-17FE-40E8-8475-0B792343250D.jpg

^^ Carbon Fiber Sebenza 25. Great Choice. I hear those are noticeably lighter than the all Ti version, which will be easier on the pockets. From the full size CRK line, my personal favorite is the Umnumzaan.

^^ Carbon Fiber Sebenza 25. Great Choice. I hear those are noticeably lighter than the all Ti version, which will be easier on the pockets. From the full size CRK line, my personal favorite is the Umnumzaan.

an umnum is next on my list.

grats on the sebbie Mucho Bocho

Got these two a couple of weeks ago during my kitchen renovation: Delicate Shig kitaeji usuba 210mm and beastly Sugimoto OMS #7.

nj4f8hD8srV1NICTt4JR8MW9DereAw5vJmlxvSviMLk=s1280

How's the Sugi #7? That spine looks quite thick so is it not really as much of a "slicing cleaver"? Curious because I think the #6 is the go-to model for Sugi while the #7 is a heavier/thicker version...

My two latest acquisitions.

Top is a Masashi Kobo damascus 240, and bottom is the Hiromoto Honesuki, both SLD.

Nice looking knife that Masashi Kobo.

I recently bought 150mm patty and I just love it. Can you please tell me if the knife is also very thin, like my petty? Would it be possible for you to measure spine width and make some coil pics?

Small Sebenza 21

This little fella (Spyderco worker) after some considerations, but it was a hard choice (a very charismatic knife):

How's the Sugi #7? That spine looks quite thick so is it not really as much of a "slicing cleaver"? Curious because I think the #6 is the go-to model for Sugi while the #7 is a heavier/thicker version...

It is quite beastly compared with my previous Sugimoto #6, 590g vs 430. It is also quite a fair bit thicker through out. However, once I thin out the tip part just a bit while keeping the heel part as robust as it is, it should be a very good allrounder.

I recently bought 150mm patty and I just love it. Can you please tell me if the knife is also very thin, like my petty? Would it be possible for you to measure spine width and make some coil pics?

I'll have a go. Don't have any calipers or anything.

It's a thin knife and is one of the best cutters I have, in the league of my Tanaka and Takamura R2 knives.
I like it a lot. It actually measures 250, which I also like.

I'll have a go. Don't have any calipers or anything.

It's a thin knife and is one of the best cutters I have, in the league of my Tanaka and Takamura R2 knives.
I like it a lot. It actually measures 250, which I also like.

Masahi Kobo petty owner. Love this thing. I hope the gyuto is a dream to work. It looks fantastic.

Cheers,

Jack

Not my new buy, but got these three Syousin Chiku AS staliness claded gyuto, suji, and petty for a test drive from James.

KT9NEeQMgBnnJPe5_MJsvpTiEQiTFmxk7i4tXU2d4ik=s1280

QADWzkYUuBJSGImgwOk6JjHuF4pgo9iP4xd8kgfSbdo=s1280

Ok, hopefully these aren't too rubbish.

For comparison, from top to bottom:
Tadatsuna 240 white 2
Tanaka 240 blue 2
Takamura Hana 210 R2
Masashi Kobo 240
Tanaka 270 R2

Masashi Kobo choil

Tanaka R2 choil

Tanaka blue 2 choil

Very rough measurements for the Masashi Kobo are 3mm at the handle, about 1.5mm half way down and 1mm an inch from the tip.
very rough :)

I'll backtrack slightly on my previous comment, the Masashi Kobo is not quite in the league of my Tanaka R2 and Takamura R2. It's not far off, but not quite there. Just been chopping up some potatoes.

Ok, hopefully these aren't too rubbish.

For comparison, from top to bottom:
Tadatsuna 240 white 2
Tanaka 240 blue 2
Takamura Hana 210 R2
Masashi Kobo 240
Tanaka 270 R2

Masashi Kobo choil

Tanaka R2 choil

Tanaka blue 2 choil

Very rough measurements for the Masashi Kobo are 3mm at the handle, about 1.5mm half way down and 1mm an inch from the tip.
very rough :)

Epic choil shot on the Tad, looks fantastic.

I've run them over my Idahone ceramic lightly about 10 times and they are Nasty sharp already. Very pleased feel great in the hand aswell..thx banjo1071

just arrived from Bill Burke - a 305mm (12'') dragons breath damascus yanagiba, wide blade (45mm), single bevel, integral bolster with gold inlay, handle: red morel and musk ox horn.

Back