Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is the Toyama Nakiri 210. Very blade heavy and thinner than the Toyama Gyuto. It is excellent for larger, fibrous, root vegetables with its thinner profile. The gyuto has better food release and slicing. I love the combo.

Wow this fit and finish
Saya!
This shig is massive It was sold to me by Aframes and was advertised as a 270MM gyuto . Wow just Wow It measured up to be a 283mm!

Very nice looking knife, Shigs seem to be the cream of the crop knife around here. I've never heard of this knife, so I wanna ask what make this knife above the rest?

3PxtEXJ.jpg

0PvWAwb.jpg

Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto

3PxtEXJ.jpg

0PvWAwb.jpg

Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto

I've passed on a bunch of these custom handled ones I've seen available, but from your pics the figure in the custom wood is a LOT nicer than on the retailer site. Assuming you got yours from the "to go" site?

I've passed on a bunch of these custom handled ones I've seen available, but from your pics the figure in the custom wood is a LOT nicer than on the retailer site. Assuming you got yours from the "to go" site?

Yup, lol

Just picked up my first Japanese steel! A Sukenari ZDP-189 210mm Gyuto.. I'm in love!!

kAqEMl.jpg

V8Mi7y.jpg

@sergeysus got one from a similar series (Furinkazan, smaller blade, probably made to the same spec). Coarse-stone work on these blades will teach you a lesson in barrack room language, so think twice about "this might be better with 10dps plus microbevel than with the OOTB edge..." or similar crazy ideas :)

Totally agree. If this is your starting point, you'll be in free fall before you know it. Take care Damien, take care. It's a nasty fall... :wink:

would not call it nasty ;) pretty nice actually ;)

@sergeysus got one from a similar series (Furinkazan, smaller blade, probably made to the same spec). Coarse-stone work on these blades will teach you a lesson in barrack room language, so think twice about "this might be better with 10dps plus microbevel than with the OOTB edge..." or similar crazy ideas :)

I have a Rockstead pocket knife in ZDP and not planning on anything other then stropping. Sharpening will be done by Rockstead only. That ZDP HRC 67!

Some great bang-for-buck picks here, especially that Tadafusa Nashiji, really dig that line.

This is totally true - I got the same knife a while ago and its great. I did remove the grey coating though, I think that the knife is much more attractive now. It looks like metal now, and not plastic-like, like before. I also did some thinning, this is why it is scratched up - I'm not finished yet, so I won't invest too much time into re-finishing it yet :angel2: Anyhow - please take a look. I appreciate some tips, but please don't be harsh - its my first project of that sort :)

f17682-1480018079.jpg

Beautiful Fuguhiki. Could you tell the hight at the heel?

gorgeous Fuguhiki, how does it feel in hand? Fragile at all?

Back