Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappy pics but a pretty cool knife. Tanaka suji from jns. First impressions were a little underwhelming. Had some interesting clad lines. Nice taper. But damn this thing is a sharpened whip. Love the wide bevel on it. Great performer. When I first picked it up I thought there was no way I’d pay the price for a gyuto in the same line. After using it, I really want to use a gyuto on the same line.
23C89EFF-B9DA-4276-A9F6-D096E4061910.jpeg
09816C0F-A6DB-47D7-8D7F-3B350EE695F5.jpeg
08ACD37A-3272-4FD3-AAF7-39A6E73BA75B.jpeg
860241D7-3F74-4CF7-9946-6BB3A79B6D77.jpeg

Crappy pics but a pretty cool knife. Tanaka suji from jns. First impressions were a little underwhelming. Had some interesting clad lines. Nice taper. But damn this thing is a sharpened whip. Love the wide bevel on it. Great performer. When I first picked it up I thought there was no way I’d pay the price for a gyuto in the same line. After using it, I really want to use a gyuto on the same line.View attachment 78412View attachment 78413View attachment 78414View attachment 78415
I really want to try the yanagiba from that line of Tanaka.

Oh, thanks for sharing. You can tell I've been in this hobby too long that while I've heard of them through here, cant see myself getting one though. Doesn't mean they aren't good, I'm sure they are, but 10 years ago we had they same amount of popular makers that aren't talked about on here anymore.
What if we are here since more than 10y ? :D

Well if you count the previous site, knifeforums.com/In The Kitchen, then 15 years lol. What makers do you remember that were good but not talked about anymore? Pierre Rodriguez comes to mind.

Jason
Sounds like you missed out on his departure from the knifeworld. He left with quite the drama, and many peoples money :(

Sounds like you missed out on his departure from the knifeworld. He left with quite the drama, and many peoples money :(
Yeah I remember a bit, I never had nothing but good transactions but I can see how that would be an issue. Whats amazing is all the members that became knifemakers. Dave, my friend Marco, Adam, and more. I haven't seen or spoken to Stefan for awhile, how is he?

Yeah I remember a bit, I never had nothing but good transactions but I can see how that would be an issue. Whats amazing is all the members that became knifemakers. Dave, my friend Marco, Adam, and more. I haven't seen or spoken to Stefan for awhile, how is he?
Have him on facebook he seems to be alright but not making handles anymore I think.

This got me to thinking, and trying to remember all the knife makers that were at it when I first joined this playground. I think that was literally 8 years ago. This would make a fun thread on its own actually

Latest posts

Back