Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makoto Sakura 240mm. Another Echizen beauty!

AC72156B-56C2-4A8E-B964-B17BD6980F8B.jpeg

This two Mazaki came in the last few weeks… jokes aside was a pleasure to deal with Jeff from black lotus knife
Wa handle with his normal convex grind
Yo handle workhorse grind
View attachment 174528View attachment 174529View attachment 174530View attachment 174531
View attachment 174532

lol wow so mine is midweight and it’s beefier than my Shigefusa Gyuto, and feels like a workhorse (not like my Mazaki but still)…

but the grind on these is just silly. Like that is exactly like my Maz San Mai or my Shigefusa Kurouchi.

love Black Lotus… easily my favorite non Japanese maker (lol cuz his is my only knife that’s not japanese)

Got this Takamura Tsuchime as a present for a family friend. Bought it from Tanaquo Cutlery from ebay, which I highly recommend if you want to buy a Takamura, he's a pleasure to dealing with and helped me to add a microbevel on the knife.
View attachment 174670View attachment 174671
I have the gyuto of this knife… probably one of the most used knives in my work kit. When it was brand new that thing cut like nobody’s business! Now though? It’s basically a short Suji 😂. I still use it every single day though.

I have the gyuto of this knife… probably one of the most used knives in my work kit. When it was brand new that thing cut like nobody’s business! Now though? It’s basically a short Suji 😂. I still use it every single day though.
For the price Takamuras are some of the best grinded knives out there, still have my 210mm red handle, really hope they can come with a 240mm red handle tho, maybe someday I will get a Chromax santoku for my self.

For the price Takamuras are some of the best grinded knives out there, still have my 210mm red handle, really hope they can come with a 240mm red handle tho, maybe someday I will get a Chromax santoku for my self.
I have been wanting grab one of those red handle 150 pettys… but yes agreed about the 240! I heard that he won’t make them but we can hope…
The Chromax is a great knife though. As mine ages it has started to patina quite a bit more as well, since I’ve thinned it, it’s showing more on the blade face too.

After meeting Milan at his old workshop last summer, I'm very glad I was able to go pick my first custom up in person from him and see his new workshop. He is such a nice guy, ended up staying for a bit while he gave me some pointers on where I've been going wrong in stone polishing. Saw some of the his other recent work he hadn't shipped off yet too. Seriously impressive stuff. He completely delivered on what I was imagining for my knife. Haven't had the chance to use it too much yet other than prepping some veggies for lunch but very happy with it so far. Already slight bit of patina going on the bevels. Handle is made from old wine barrel oak from the area. San Mai soft steel clad + 1.2519 core. Definitely a keeper. Couldn't recommend Milan more.

Dimensions from Milan:

Length: 235mm
Height at heel: 54mm
Taper: 5.5 to 0.8mm
Weight: 245g

IMG_4366.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
IMG_4377.JPG
IMG_4379.JPG
IMG_4375.JPG
IMG_4386.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG

Newham Knives 220 gyuto in Nitro-V at 64 HRC, Anboyna burl.
Nimble, balanced, gradual taper to super fine tip, incredible grind, handle is immaculate, great steel so far. Had this thing ~3 weeks and cannot put it down- a true all purpose chef’s knife- cannot be more impressed. Cannot wait to take it to the stones (but it is going to be a while as it had a nice 4K edge out of the box).

DB5630FE-6625-4F6E-9FC5-CD2C3F5FC677.jpeg

F8FB9651-4338-4255-9497-2B8DCBD54F3F.jpeg

BF909E2B-02F2-4508-A1D0-BB59625360E4.jpeg

937DA2B8-C319-464F-8CCA-8064C1870F1F.jpeg

Newham Knives 220 gyuto in Nitro-V at 64 HRC, Anboyna burl.
Nimble, balanced, gradual taper to super fine tip, incredible grind, handle is immaculate, great steel so far. Had this thing ~3 weeks and cannot put it down- a true all purpose chef’s knife- cannot be more impressed. Cannot wait to take it to the stones (but it is going to be a while as it had a nice 4K edge out of the box).

View attachment 174882
View attachment 174883
View attachment 174884
View attachment 174885

Gorgeous knife and nice choice of beverage as well :)

Back