• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Small, imperfect uchi $95

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethompson

probably up too late sharpening again
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a tiny little baby ohira uchi I picked up awhile ago. It’s very, very soft and muddy and on the coarser side of uchi. If you work the mud long enough it will leave a nice foundation polish. On close inspection you will be able to still see many shallow consistent scratches. Stone is sealed with marine grade varnish.

139x62x28

Please know!!!! This stone has several lines that can be felt. They don’t cause scratches or release crunchies based on my experience so far, but this stone has enough visible inclusions that I am certain it will do so at some point. Would use it for fingerstones but I already have a broken uchi of similar hardness that I can use for that.
image.jpg

After a minute, no forced slurry.
30C93070-8494-4894-B15A-5DDE5E4B6692.jpeg

Polish - hard to photograph, but still some visible scratches on hagane when viewed up close.
C1A02C01-07B3-44D4-B92A-0F3925568F7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back