Stefan's Stefan's Handle Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stefan and Dave,

Simply outstanding! It's exactly what I was imagining in my mind's eye... brought to life.

Glad you like it, Salvatore!

Stefan

This one is sick....vintage blue Bakelite with (some great) buffalo horn, nickel silver spacers, and a mosaic pin in the tail end mounted on Michael's Kumagoro gyuto, freshly sharpened and ready to go. cool:

P1010001.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010019.JPG

.....as an aside, how are the Kumagoros?

Just like Yoshikane they're sort of thick(ish) where the blade road transitions into the "hammer finish". I try to reduce this transition by smoothing it out on each sharpening, sort of an edge thinning for a wide bevel. The blade roads are usually found pretty flat and even though. They get screaming sharp too.

Looks great! Looking forward to getting it in my hands. I will be sending payment in just a few minutes.

Here are Don's knives with their new Stefan handles installed. One is premium amboyna burl & black horn, the other is spalted Hawaiian signature wood, redwood burl ferrule, and translucent artificial tortoise spacer.

P1010013.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010022.JPG

Great! You guys ruined my knife!

I used to use the knife all the time...now that it's back, I'm gonna have to frame it and hang it on the wall instead.

In all seriousness...the knife looks great. I can't wait to put it to work.

Great! You guys ruined my knife!

I used to use the knife all the time...now that it's back, I'm gonna have to frame it and hang it on the wall instead.

In all seriousness...the knife looks great. I can't wait to put it to work.

LOL...she's a looker now ain't she? :D

attachment.php

Here is Huw's yangiba with it's newly installed Hawaiian mango with buffalo horn ferrule (& brass spacer) Stefan handle....

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010016.JPG

I've been telling people for years how magical Stefan's handles are....just slip one onto your knife and it can make the rest of the knife shine....not to mention get sharper too! :D

BeforeAfter_zpse6fc6008.jpg

The handle is constructed from Belize Rosewood Burl, Curly Koa ferrule, & synthetic turquoise spacer.

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010009.JPG

Strange, when I put them on my own knives they atill just start rusting ;) That one looks nice, still one of my favorite woods.

Stefan

I just wanted to say, WOW! I am totally impressed with the handles I have seen here. Sure that should go with out saying but honestly its had me looking through every single page. Not a single handle I didn't like, and I hope one day to be able to also have one of these designed for my knife(s).

Very tasteful, classy, and beautiful!

:2thumbsup:

Vielen Dank fuer die netten Worte :)

Stefan

Vielen Dank fuer die netten Worte :)

Stefan

I just call it as I see it. Truly nice work.
Have you ever considered or could you ever make some handles for an espresso machine? I would imagine (dream) of a stained green type.
Pure lust!

Shamus :)

Just arrived today. Great work as always by Stefan, and the installation of these handles by Dave is flawless. Thanks so much guys! Hate that I will probably end up selling a few of these, but that will just be an excuse to do some more projects down the road.

Anthony

Back