Storing knives - best practices

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5188.JPGIMG_5189.JPGIMG_5190.JPG

Initial observations......
Make sure you use narrow bag rolls. I have ordered 6 inch wide. Do not get any wider or it wont fit in the box.
Or get a sealer that is very long so you can narrow down the bag width...not recommended.
Also take care in closing the correct sealer.
I just bought a Nesco VS-12 and several bags are not holding the vacuum. I have already wasted about 33% of the bag material with failed seals.
Will try a few more but if no better will return to Amazon.
But in general I like the concept.

Make sure you use narrow bag rolls. I have ordered 6 inch wide. Do not get any wider or it wont fit in the box.
Or get a sealer that is very long so you can narrow down the bag width...not recommended.
I just bought a Nesco VS-12 and several bags are not holding the vacuum. I have already wasted about 33% of the bag material with failed seals.

There’s a thread over on the food gear forum on best vacuum sealers. Although that might be overkill if this is all you plan to use it for.

Thanks for that.

Just wondering. Would it offer any benefits if you added a few small bags of desiccant before you seal it?

Or is that just overkill?

Back