• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Syusin Sakura 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasFur

Warrior of Jarhead clan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally purchased here:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...akai-takayuki-sakura-gyuto.40982/#post-611039

$225Usd
Sold off original Saya in another trade.
Still with box/ cloth covering/ Cord etc.

It was used in a professional kitchen, I received with very large, un-even micro bevels.
Over the past few months brought it down to a zero-bevel. Still 47mm at heel. Blade is substantially thinned, keeping the wide bevels stone flat. Its a real weapon now in the kitchen. Perfect for the guy looking to learn to maintain his wide bevels. (did put a tiny micro-bevel on because it was delicate with a dead-zero-bevel)

LOVE the performance ..... Only selling because i really dont like these big Ebony handles. And here in Toronto its a very dry/cold climate where the metal spacer is now loose, and I dont know how to fix it in place properly.

Left at a 1k Grit, can polish up as requested. Left patina on to show the nice blues that come out.

jcoxfW4.jpg
qSLg7vI.jpg
cuFgAix.jpg
58IcWoA.jpg
EMxjkpw.jpg
O3roLjK.jpg

Back