Tanaka x Kyuzo 240mm extra height KU finish

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the KU finish. I'm debating on pulling the trigger on it but I enjoy the look of the Migaki EH version more. I thought about waiting on a restock but not sure how long that will be either. I plan on the Tanaka being one of my four purchases for the year. Also if you have the EH version, how do you like the performance on it? What are you pros/cons about it

I have the KU and love it, but thats my preferred aesthetic. I agree, id wait and get what you really want

Let’s be honest — at this price point, aesthetics is as important a factor as performance. If you prefer the look of migaki over KU (and I do too), I’d say set as many in-stock notifications as you can, and wait for one to pop up. You’ll likely have to order from overseas. A few have been offered on BST recently (and not been snatched up instantly) so there’s always hope there too.

FWIW I’ve been on a binge these last few months (averaging a knife every few days 🤒), and my T x K migaki extra height k-tip 240 gyuto brings me more pleasure when I use it than any other knife I’ve purchased.

Last edited:
Back