Tatsuo Ikeda

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell it’s a tatsuo from the hamon? I have three and I still can’t identify them by the hamon. The last one I thought as a tatsuo ended up been genkai. I’m assuming you saw kanji on the tang right?

Last edited:
My kanji reading is still dog ****... Would someone mind translating the Tatsuo Ikeda Honyaki kanji?

The petty does have the kanji sakai masayuki, does that mean it's by Tatsuo Ikeda?

Someone bought The petty, I wish it is one of you guys so we can get More pictures of it soon!;)

Khashy?

Would you mind post a closer photo of the kanji and a choil shot of the Honyaki?

Ayyy nvm- found the info I needed.

Confirmed Tatsuo Ikeda Honyaki Gyuto. Sharpener is Kasahara.

I would caution against using strictly the hamon to try and determine a blacksmith- Yoshikazu makes this hamon as well.. But you hit the jackpot on this one.

...still would love to see a choil shot though ;)

Ayyy nvm- found the info I needed.

Confirmed Tatsuo Ikeda Honyaki Gyuto. Sharpener is Kasahara.

I would caution against using strictly the hamon to try and determine a blacksmith- Yoshikazu makes this hamon as well.. But you hit the jackpot on this one.

...still would love to see a choil shot though ;)
Could you share how you confirmed that this is a Tatsuo?

Could you share how you confirmed that this is a Tatsuo?

‘In certificates we trust’ irrespective of the issuing body it seems.

Far be it from me to act as the ‘Tatsuo arbiter’ but I’ve seen the same certificates issued by the same person and it almost makes me chuckle.

In any case, if it’s a great knife, then who cares, enjoy in good health - I just hope a fortune wasn’t paid

Back