That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that Warren asks is that you sign up beforehand so that he has a head count for food prep.
PS - Is it May yet? :excited:

Why does Warren need a head count if he will make food for a few hundred people anway? :D

Stefan

its so he knows how much mango salsa to make. thats right i said it i knwo someone had to :)

Mango salsa? I know you said warren makes good food, but thats something I have never tried. I'm looking forward to it. I wish my apetite was bigger.

Mango salsa? I know you said warren makes good food, but thats something I have never tried. I'm looking forward to it. I wish my apetite was bigger.

Warren is a great cook but the salsa he can't claim, it's a funny story that I'll have to tell you sometime. :)

Quit messing with my salsa Dave! or..... or...... NO SALSA FOR YOU!

Dave,
Don't wish away the time, you can't get it back after its gone and wishing yourself older is not what you want. :headbonk:

I need that time to get some stuff done, don't rush me :viking:

did Kieth Bagley get in touch he is also planning on comming out (another knife maker:) )

Yeah, give Del plenty of time to make "preparations" ...

I guess this question goes out to the makers. But I was wondering if you guys were planning on bringing so knives either just to show off or to sell. I would love to see some of all of your stuff in person.

I guess this question goes out to the makers. But I was wondering if you guys were planning on bringing so knives either just to show off or to sell. I would love to see some of all of your stuff in person.

Matt,
I plan to bring as many knives as I can get done before the gathering, and yes I will be offering my wares for sale.

I hope to bring a knife that I made but I'm thinking that there's no way in hell that I'll have anything for sale. I'll just be happy to have something to share.

If the weather is nice I might show up on my "Barbie Dream Camper".

oh great... so now i have to bring cash with me to buy knives too lol

Ever since the first one I've vowed to be back every year, and something always gets in the way. Unfortunately this year seems to be no different as I don't have the funds to make it up :( Unless someone else from NC wants to bring me along.

BTW I have a bunch of pictures I took from the 2008 gathering. I don't have them online anywhere, but if there is interest I can put some of them here. I also still have some shirts... Anyone still wear their ECG 2008 shirt?

Just dropped a bunch of dough on a "Tour Pac" for my motorcycle in anticipation of the trip. I expect to be there Friday unless it gets nasty. Put me down for dinner!

I too hope to make a knife by then, should I not, I will just show up empty-handed.

BTW, I visited Aldo today (got some steel). Did anybody invite him to ECG?

M

I too hope to make a knife by then, should I not, I will just show up empty-handed.

M

When I was ordering some steel I mentioned the ECG,I hope I can make it.

Is it kosher to even ask this..? How 420 friendly is ecg? :beer:

I told Aldo about it as well as offered him a ride a few weeks ago.

M

How could I not hang around a bunch of cooks,cooking and playing with knives!! I'll be there! If any of you need something as far as steel is concerned you let me know. I'll be bring out a bunch of stuff. (And my appetite!)

Aldo

Is it kosher to even ask this..? How 420 friendly is ecg? :beer:

No, the ECG is NOT 420 friendly. It is gathering of people from all walks of life that is hosted by a local businessman at both his home and place of business. No illegal activity will be tolerated on any level.

Damn, I would love to make it out to ECG this year--just pulled directions from the site and its about a 10-hour drive.

But I have a wedding the following weekend, and then Vegas trip two weeks after that, so not sure if I'll have extra loot for that weekend.

I'll make a decision this week.

The food is free at the ECG

That should become our "mantra." makes it a cheaper weekend.

Back