The Deals, Discounts, & Sales Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:LOL:
The only things I'm interested in right now are sharpening stones and a suji, and nothing on the site is really screaming at me heh. If they had a Chosera 3000 maybe I would have gone for it.
Haven't owned a Suji in many years. Used to wear Masamoto Suji's down to spikes at work. Got into Yanagibas for sushi & sashimi never bought a suji after that. Been getting more artisan breads as home cook now sure can find use for the 240 mm carbon suji just bought on sale for 84.00. My Masa's were 270mm everything scaled down mostly just two of us.

Haven't owned a Suji in many years. Used to wear Masamoto Suji's down to spikes at work. Got into Yanagibas for sushi & sashimi never bought a suji after that. Been getting more artisan breads as home cook now sure can find use for the 240 mm carbon suji just bought on sale for 84.00. My Masa's were 270mm everything scaled down mostly just two of us.
Yea I am tempted by some of the cheaper sujis, but I think I am also realizing I want a suji just because it'd be something new to play with when I can likely do the same things with my gyuto. I have thought about getting into making sushi/sashimi though that would make me really reconsider getting a suji or even a yanagiba. Also I think if I end up buying a suji, it would be something from @MSicardCutlery or @HSC /// Knives to see what all the fun is about.

Spring sale at Coutelier. 30% off everything

https://couteliernola.com/
Just when I thought I was safe from the Bernal sale, this happens...this was already in my cart at full price, which was too expensive to follow through on when it was originally added, with the sale I...I'm just not strong enough to resist that.

1713587595032.png

We’re both lefties correct? After some emails w Bernal I don’t think I’ll have a problem with the grind either
When I bought mine, I had them pick out a couple that were either neutral of lefty ground to select from. Took a few emails, chose a neutral ground one, the other was actually more of a lefty grind.

Last edited:
That's also a good deal. I am indifferent to minor visual imperfections so slightly cheaper and slightly larger would still be my preference. I'll post an update with pictures when it arrives so we can all see what "minor imperfections" really means :p
Got my pot, the imperfections seems like just some white splatter on the lid and bit of chip around the rim
IMG_4847.jpeg
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg

I’m new to the forum, so sorry if this is a dumb question, but can anyone list all the sites and codes that give us a discount? I’d prefer to give them my business first for supporting us.
Two that I'm aware of:

Sugi Cutlery: KKF2024 https://sugicutlery.com/
Tokushu: KKF15 https://tokushuknife.com/

Tokushu is 15% off, not sure how much Sugi's is. I've purchased from both shops, positive experiences from both.

Back