• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Toyama/watanabe gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 Badgertooth

My Toyama 240 was so good, I upgraded the handle to a custom walrus ivory and ebony.

http://m.imgur.com/a/KtsFC

It's a comparison photo of a Itinomonn StainLess 240, Toyama 210 gyuto, Toyama 240 Gyuto with custom handle and Toyama 210 Nakiri.

The Itinomonn is awesome and the only middleweight knife I kept after progressing to heavy workhorse knives. It covers my lazer performance needs whilst having a medium and stiff spine.

One suggestion regarding Toyama or Watanabe. I would go Toyama before he retires!

True story. I've already owned 2 watanabe a one Toyama. And the Toyama was much cheaper the first time I owned one :).

I'm very happy with the Watanabe 270 a bought from you on BST a while back! Good summer coleslaw machine and kale killer.

And it's only going up in value when he retires!

This maxim has 270 toyamas for less then the 240s. Carbonknifeco in Denver has 2 wat pro 240s for 330$ and Craig and Tina are great people. That being said for 5$ more you could have a 270 toyama

This maxim has 270 toyamas for less then the 240s. Carbonknifeco in Denver has 2 wat pro 240s for 330$ and Craig and Tina are great people. That being said for 5$ more you could have a 270 toyama

Old stock price. New stock is likely to go up in price, look the rest.

Hmmmm not sure if one could "strike while the irons hot"

Who knows the guy is in his 70s. Could be another decade, or tomorrow.

Definitely worth it. The gyutos have a great grind. Whilst never lazer performance, they have great balance between food release and performance; and the heat treatment enables power through the edge.

The suji's are supposed to be great too but not something I've used myself.

Is there any difference between the old and new stock?

Just a heads up, waiting to hear back from maxim about a lefty friendly Toyama instock. I'll likely be closing this thread this week and buy new if I don't receive any offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back