• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Trade my Shigefusa Kitaeji Santoku 170mm bnib for Heldqvist, Yanick or The9 (eu)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDSDeluxe

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I would like to trade my Shigefusa Kitaeji Santoku bnib.

Specs:

Length: 170mm
Height at heel: 50mm
Weight: 158g
Taper: out of handle 6,38mm, heel 3,27mm, middle 2,29, 1cm before tip 1,25

I bought the Shigefusa a week ago. It's a beautiful knife. It's too small for me though. Also, I'm not a fan of damascus and prefer knives with a rustic look.

Trades I’d be looking for:

The9
Heldqvist
Yanick

Also, cash adds in either direction is fine if we can find common grounds.

Best
KDS

IMG_5089.jpg
IMG_5082.JPG
IMG_5084.JPG
76F4E663-6ED7-45D8-B649-8CD4A12FF794.JPG
IMG_5090.jpg

Is the tip chipped or my eyes playing tricks on me?
Pretty sure it is, although really minimal.
They surprisingly arrive like that quite some time.
Think it's mostly the Santokus though. @daddy yo yo received 2 like that I think. Sent the first back, got another one with broken tip

Pretty sure it is, although really minimal.
They surprisingly arrive like that quite some time.
Think it's mostly the Santokus though. @daddy yo yo received 2 like that I think. Sent the first back, got another one with broken tip
Indeed I received 2/2 santokus with broken tip from the same shop. My guess is that the knives have already arrived like that when shipped from Shigefusa to the shop. The knives can move on their boxes quite a bit and there’s nothing but the paper around the blade…

Yes, it's arrived that way, and it's really minimal. But that wouldn't be a reason for me to send it back. Mainly because Dictum can no longer supply a replacement. After the first sharpening, the problem should be resolved.

Yes, it's arrived that way, and it's really minimal. But that wouldn't be a reason for me to send it back. Mainly because Dictum can no longer supply a replacement. After the first sharpening, the problem should be resolved.
Might have been worth mentioning it was tipped in the listing for full disclosure, especially in a trade arrangement. I think most here would not be happy receiving a tipped 'BNIB' blade no matter how minimal.

Last edited:
Indeed I received 2/2 santokus with broken tip from the same shop. My guess is that the knives have already arrived like that when shipped from Shigefusa to the shop. The knives can move on their boxes quite a bit and there’s nothing but the paper around the blade…
My Shig KU santoku was tipped as well

I have a saji R2 damacus I want to trade

Attachments

• EBCA5732-3B0C-4EA7-8B15-CC5A9C5863B4.jpeg
    EBCA5732-3B0C-4EA7-8B15-CC5A9C5863B4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back