True cooks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petefromNY

Reaction score
So I've been following on Instagram this new company called truecooks (www.truecooks.com) They are a clothing company for "chefs" I hear the owner is a Michelin rated retired chef.

Fwiw there's a lot of controversy surrounding the company and the "lifestyle" they promote. I guess making the chef life look glamorous and what not.

Personally I can't figure out if I'm about the company. I swaying towards I do, although the products are a little pricey for your everyday line cook it looks cool.

So I was wondering what you fellow chefs think about it all and the life of chef being portrayed this way ?

Nothing they do interest me, they promote chefs that buy their product, while most of the chefs food looks like dog turd.

i am not one for the whole "food stylist" and having "chef" photo shoots in the underwear and what not. I do like the concept of it but i personally dont think it is being represented in the correct way. to each their own tho i guess.

The t shirts I cook in don't stay particularly clean. Although some of the graphics are pretty cool I suppose, they're not cheap. I don't imagine I'd be cooking in any of these.

Most of their designs (and logo) are ripoffs from the brand Supreme.

@johnnychance DUDE ive been saying that since i first saw it .... its literrally like supreme went to cooking school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back