• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Two quality Jnats: Okudo Suita and a Narutaki Asagi Tomae Koppa (?)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
I have my eye on another Jnat so looking to release a couple of duplicate stones from the collection.

First up is a large OKUDO Suita with fast cutting performance typical of the mine and strata. Lines are non toxic. Hardness approx 4.2
Sealed on 3 sides.

205x78x35
1217g

SOLD $550 + shipping from Dallas TX

Second stone is a presumed NARUTAKI Asagi Tomae Koppa based on another smaller stone I owned, with similar appearance, muddiness and finish. Nice mirror polish as expected from a very fine Jnat.
Sealed on 5 sides.

212x76x23
1019g (incl stand)

$295 shipped CONUS

Last edited:
Possibly open to trades. Specifically looking for a mid-grit Aizu or maybe an Ikarashi.

Last edited:
Could you please take a few close pictures of the okudo scratching pattern? Tks man

Its a finisher so hard to see a scratch pattern.
Totally agree. I had some okudos and saw a finish pattern a little bit coarser than my nakayamas or ohira. Maybe cause it’s usually harder, among finishers of course. So I would try to catch it in a closer look to get how it works in a little more detailed image. If you could take a zoom closer picture I really would appreciate it.

Close-up pictures besides the usual provided stock photos from the internet would definitely help us determine if the stones are worth purchasing. Could you kindly post some pictures of your own testing? Thanks in advance! :)

Okudo SPF.
Dropping the price of the Narutaki to $330 shipped CONUS

Back