Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paring knives are stupid and a vegetable peeler is faster.

Paring knives are good for many things (opening bags, cutting lemons in half when you have a carbon gyuto out, scoring chestnuts, cutting out the white parts of strawberries in a way that will satisfy one’s very particular wife) but peeling things with a knife is stupid. 😝

Wait until there is a power outage and then tell me which is more useful.

Using knives in the dark... now that's what I call master skills! :)

In these parts a gas stove is uncommon. Candles or not a power outage in my place pretty much means a condemned kitchen. And don't forget I still have that one knife, which should suffice for emergency work. ;)

Define peeling pineapples, watermelon etc. Knife

Only two hands drop the bread knife.

Karate Kid was better than Rocky. The endless movies after with both suck. Hollywood if movie makes good money keep making till you throw up your popcorn.

Reactions: ian
Define peeling pineapples, watermelon etc. Knife

Only two hands drop the bread knife.

Karate Kid was better than Rocky. The endless movies after with both suck. Hollywood if movie makes good money keep making till you throw up your popcorn.

I beg to differ... we all know Fast and Furious only got better and better...

(slowly backing away)

Why, yes I can. Keys also work, or a pencil. Punch a hole in the tape between the flaps and pry away. Pencil might not work afterwards, though... 🤔
This is a group of civilized and sophisticated individuals. If you want to act like an animal you can, what's next, using your claws and teeth...

This is a group of civilized and sophisticated individuals. If you want to act like an animal you can, what's next, using your claws and teeth...

Nope... considering a 3K$ 300mm honyaki Gyuto... Hey man I just moved, lost my exacto, please don't judge... :)

You guys will make me want to cry... so mean.

10C12FCE-0EA4-4DDB-B210-7CC8CDB705D4.jpeg

This is what I call « joindre l’agréable à l’utile ».

What’s the point of pairing knives? I never use them as a home cook.

Back