Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to use double-walled glasses made from the chitin processed from shrimp heads. As you know, in addition to making excellent stuffing for pillows, shrimp head chitin is a superlative insulator. It imparts a lovely flavor to any beer, improving Keystone in particular.

I like to use double-walled glasses made from the chitin processed from shrimp heads. As you know, in addition to making excellent stuffing for pillows, shrimp head chitin is a superlative insulator. It imparts a lovely flavor to any beer, improving Keystone in particular.
Bio says Rhode Island but I think we've got an undercover Cajun here

I think glass is best for taste with beer and spirits, but it's so damn hot down here I pretty much only use a yeti tumblers w/ king cube at home. Can get about 2.5 whiskey pours or G&Ts off one king cube and your drink isn't all watered down. Still do beer glass for beer but I've got no qualms drinking that fast
Here in the UK, we drink our beer at cellar temperature out of choice.

@Ok__mode_6953 I'm totally onboard with some of the British styles being warmer, the malty browns and whatnot, but have you ever had an overhopped IPA from some hipster brewer with fried tastebuds sit in the sun too long? It's like effervescent Pinesol.

I will always have a soft spot for a few dozen oysters and a case of ice cold sh1tty beer. PBR, Coors (khaki or lite), or Miller just hit that spot for me. Can't have fancy beer with gulf oysters it just doesn't click the same.

Last edited:
have you ever had an overhopped IPA from some hipster brewer with fried tastebuds sit in the sun too long?
To be honest, no - I would have long since finished it before it warmed up... But that does sound unpleasant.

But total respect for enjoying your malty British beers - for too long they have been disrespected by hoppy craft beers at ridiculous strengths.

There’s a lot to be said for a sessionable low ABV pint of mild bitter, or a nice fruity red ale, or a creamy stout.

All lukewarm with practically 0 carbonation of course 😎

@Ok__mode_6953 I'm totally onboard with some of the British styles being warmer, the malty browns and whatnot, but have you ever had an overhopped IPA from some hipster brewer with fried tastebuds sit in the sun too long? It's like effervescent Pinesol.

I will always have a soft spot for a few dozen oysters and a case of ice cold sh1tty beer. PBR, Coors (khaki or lite), or Miller just hit that spot for me. Can't have fancy beer with gulf oysters it just doesn't click the same.
My cold beer of choice at the moment is Bitburger, as cold as possible from the top shelf in the fridge, served in a big coffee mug. On board with the oysters too, although I do think a dryish stout/porter can work too (unfortunately hard to find here; 'pastry stout'/'dessert stout' is dominating).

My cold beer of choice at the moment is Bitburger, as cold as possible from the top shelf in the fridge, served in a big coffee mug. On board with the oysters too, although I do think a dryish stout/porter can work too (unfortunately hard to find here; 'pastry stout'/'dessert stout' is dominating).
That’s a shame, I quite liked some of the milk stouts when they first started cropping up, but the over the top coffee/dessert ones that are common these days are way too much in my opinion.

That’s a shame, I quite liked some of the milk stouts when they first started cropping up, but the over the top coffee/dessert ones that are common these days are way too much in my opinion.
I like some of the sweet ones, but the problem is that's practically the only kind of dark beer NZ brewers are making. Occasionally something like Deschutes Obsidian Stout or Founders Porter gets imported from the states and I get that when I can.

I like some of the sweet ones, but the problem is that's practically the only kind of dark beer NZ brewers are making. Occasionally something like Deschutes Obsidian Stout or Founders Porter gets imported from the states and I get that when I can.
I can deal with a schooner or 500ml, but a full pint is too much for me, especially the ones with coffee or actually fruity ones.

I think the worst I’ve seen was a mint choc chip one.

I do very much enjoy a hazy pale ale, NEIPA, and some gose though.

Classic example (this is actually a good brewery, but I don't think I'll be buying this particular beer):
Double_Scoop.jpg

On the subject of candy, Reese’s is absolutely garbage and I feel like it has degraded over the last 10-15 years.

ALDIs peanut butter cups are S tier though. I will share that secret for free.

Were they ever good?

Justin's dark chocolate ones are pretty tolerable.

wow. i love reeses so will have to try the aldi ones.
i hate almost every other mass market american candy product though. hershey's is like inedible. i don't understand why anyone would even buy plain M&Ms, hershey's bar, hershey's kisses, etc.

Back