Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. i love reeses so will have to try the aldi ones.
i hate almost every other mass market american candy product though. hershey's is like inedible. i don't understand why anyone would even buy plain M&Ms, hershey's bar, hershey's kisses, etc.
You won’t regret it! The milk chocolate is on a much better level, more of the European stuff than the hersheys stuff and the peanut butter isn’t so sweet it burns the throat. Way nicer eating experience, without feeling like you’re eating something that’s not a peanut butter cup like some brands that try and get too fancy with them with tempered chocolate and the like. Only problem is it’s entirely too easy to inhale a days calories of them.

The first time I actually had good chocolates they just taste weird to me, maybe I just had too much bad chocolates. But first good coffee is a revelation

i don't usually shop at aldi or TJ's, but i need to visit both of them for peanut snacks it seems.

ever hear of bamba? it's one of the best-selling snack products in israel. some kind of puffed peanut snack. like cheesy poofs but peanut instead of corn. and no cheese. TJ carries it for some reason. never tried it.

Last edited:
Snickers>>>>>>>>[insert brand] plain chocolate bar>any other bar>>>>>>>>anything with coconut 🥥 👎🏾
Actually you'll have to turn this around when in a cold environment. Coconut based stuff like Bounty actually stays soft and eatable when frozen. The others get much harder... Snickers is like chewing on a rock. Learned that the hard way when I actually broke off part of one of my molars on a Snickers at some point in the Alps.
There's a similar problem with Nutella and a lot of other soft spreads... you have to take it with you into your sleeping bag if you want to be able to spread it on your bread in the morning.

i don't usually shop at aldi or TJ's, but i need to visit both of them for peanut snacks it seems.

ever hear of bamba? it's one of the best-selling snack products in israel. some kind of puffed peanut snack. like cheesy poofs but peanut instead of corn. and no cheese. TJ carries it for some reason. never tried it.
These look like the 'standard' German peanut chips, though I don't know what the original origin is. Super cheap, and actually have a half-decent protein content. Not super interesting flavor-wise, but not bad either.

Where can you get fresh fruit now that actually still tastes like fruit. The stuff in the markets around here never seems to ripen, stays hard and tastes like plastic. Used to love snacking on fruit when I was a kid and now you can't eat it.

Where can you get fresh fruit now that actually still tastes like fruit. The stuff in the markets around here never seems to ripen, stays hard and tastes like plastic. Used to love snacking on fruit when I was a kid and now you can't eat it.
Also you can’t really trust farmers markets sadly since many of the sellers are just resellers from wholesale places posing as farms.

As far as stores go, the best I’ve had is from Costco surprisingly. Otherwise, you need a local farm or a farm stand I think

An Amish/Mennonite market/stand/etc?

I've had decent luck with Hispanic markets and Sprouts.

This being the thread it is, clearly the solution is for you to move to California.

S’mores are gross
To each their own. I asked for a little salt and the waiter looked at me a little strange. I know what I like and I don’t care if the chef is offended. When I go to a 3 Michelin star restaurant and dump $1500 (no alcohol) on dinner for two, just give me salt so I can season the dishes to my taste.

Why do people think “cheese pulls” are impressive? I assume cheese has been capable of pulling for centuries but suddenly this is a feature of a dish?

To each their own. I asked for a little salt and the waiter looked at me a little strange. I know what I like and I don’t care if the chef is offended. When I go to a 3 Michelin star restaurant and dump $1500 (no alcohol) on dinner for two, just give me salt so I can season the dishes to my taste.
I have a friend that just brings his own shaker. Skip the middle man.

My wife refers to the one market nearby as "the Mexican store." Though the produce, owners, and most workers are not Mexican. But there is one really nice guy that stocks the fruit there who happens to be Mexican.
👀

I always bring my own hot sauce if I'm going out to breakfast. Too many places just carry tabasco 🤮

Wait, you had s'mores as part of a $1500 dinner at a Michelin 3-star?

Back