Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What…?! Have you completely lost it?
I am an unapologetically picky eater. Many things 95+% of people find wonderful I (!)ing don’t.*

Thanks for confirming that my stated perceptions, and the opinions they support, are in solid compliance with the thread topic.

*(traumatic memories of mama shoving spoonsful of [long list] into my complain-hole with the dreaded phrase “aber es schmeckt so guuuut!”)

(less awful but still aversive memories of trying ~really hard~ to eat [long list], and finding out that I was not simply being ornery)

I'm too lazy to make corn bread from scratch but I'll smoke jalapeños and add them to the jiffy box and be deeeelighted. I like my con' bread on the "barely cooked" side. Nothing worse than crumbly dry civil war rations that suck the moisture from your mouth.

Let it soak up the juice from your collard greens or hoppin john? Mmm mmm

What is Chick-fil-A sauce akin to—is it like thousand island dressing, McDonald’s secret sauce? I’ve never had Chick-fil-A Sauce.
I had two or three different ones, all of them tasted a bit strange. I see MK’s recipe above and maybe that’s partly why I didn’t like the main one, I don’t really like prepared BBQ. But I even think the chicken sandwich wasn’t very good at all. Would much rather have Popeye’s.

🤔

Have you ever tried KFC?
I'm not going to pretend KFC is great chicken. It's not. However, I genuinely believe that the rising of Cane's as a chain is incontrovertible proof that a great many people will eat any random crap put in front of them, praise it for quality, and make it part of their lifestyle.

I'm not going to pretend KFC is great chicken. It's not. However, I genuinely believe that the rising of Cane's as a chain is incontrovertible proof that a great many people will eat any random crap put in front of them, praise it for quality, and make it part of their lifestyle.
One of the local watering holes has been serving up the same ****** cornmeal crust, toppings-under-the-burnt-cheese, floppy and oily gross ass pizza for like 60 years, and it's an *institution.* People make plans to go there for their birthdays. Ask any local where to go for a good slice, and they'll recommend it. It regularly beats out every other pizza joint in the yearly "Best Of," and it is absolute frickin rubbish. But it's *local rubbish.*

It's a southern regional thing but PDQ > Chickfila by a mile. Don't have one in Tallahassee but on road trips I bring a bunch of their extra sauces home.

For your "Chicken tender and pink sauce" chains:

Foosackly's > Guthrie's > Raisin Cane's > Zaxby's
We have a few PDQ here. I’ll give it a try sometime.

One of the local watering holes has been serving up the same ****** cornmeal crust, toppings-under-the-burnt-cheese, floppy and oily gross ass pizza for like 60 years, and it's an *institution.* People make plans to go there for their birthdays. Ask any local where to go for a good slice, and they'll recommend it. It regularly beats out every other pizza joint in the yearly "Best Of," and it is absolute frickin rubbish. But it's *local rubbish.*
Eugene's or Moose's?

What is Chick-fil-A sauce akin to—is it like thousand island dressing, McDonald’s secret sauce? I’ve never had Chick-fil-A Sauce.

They have a lot of different types. I’ve only eaten there once or twice and the sauces tasted like typical fast-food sauces, nothing special imho. I’m not sure why they’re so popular tbh.

The new spicy tenders/sandwich smack. They put more veggies on the sandwiches than a lot of other places.

I like to mix the creamy garlic and sweet heat sauces on things, but all their sauces are made day-of and real good.
I can't believe I'm this much of a chicken slut and haven't heard of PDQ. Definitely need to check them out next time I'm down that way.

Though ngl, I'm *hella* sus about any claim that all their sauces are made day-of. That'd be so needleesly wasteful!

I can't believe I'm this much of a chicken slut and haven't heard of PDQ. Definitely need to check them out next time I'm down that way.

Though ngl, I'm *hella* sus about any claim that all their sauces are made day-of. That'd be so needleesly wasteful!
Mostly in FL, a few in NC, and 1 in NY/NJ respectively. Also would say Foosackly's is very worth it if you're in Alabama.

You could be right on the day-of, that could be a holdover in my brain from when they were a small chain. I don't see anything about that on their website anymore now that I look. But they ARE made in-house and fresh vs chickfila or zaxbys packaged stuff.

Back