Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
German Cars are Overrated, Italian Cars are always broke and English Car is good but doesn't know how to sell their stuff (That's why almost none of them are really English company-owned).

English cars are good? I've only owned one and I can see why the English Auto Industry pretty much went out of business. My Konosuke Fujiyama B#2 210mm Gyuto has been on my board for years and it's great! Just sticking with the topic theme ;-)

Lol, fun thread 👍

My Miyabi ain’t that bad a knife. 😬

Isn’t San Fran just a giant urinal now?
That stuff all rolls downhill, so if you're on top of a hill it's pretty dry...

I just moved back to SF after a 3 year Oakland experiment.
SF drivers suck!

Last week I rode my bike home through the Tenderloin for the first time.
It is pretty shocking for a city to have major streets filled with tents.
Oakland set aside land in industrial zone for settlements that look like refugee camps.
Not sure which is worse.

Oh and people who sharpen knives for fun are weird...

74e4d121e2bd93343aaea56ca58861b9--zombie-survival-survival-gear.jpg

Parbaked's 'bike'

View attachment 88261Judging by these stats (and assuming that reaction score translates into popularity... in some unclear way), @ian is more popular than @labor of love and @Carl Kotte
In my opinion this is just morally wrong and very unethical.

Now there’s an unpopular opinion.

Realistically, I think the “highest reaction score” metric has little to do with the quality of your posts. I bet you get extra points for being controversial, since then the people on your side. And you also get a ton of likes every time you post something in “What’s cooking...” or every time you show off a new knife in “Show your newest...”. Anyway, some threads are more like-heavy than others. And of course, getting a lot of likes is a negative, in that what it really expresses is that you spend too much time on a stupid knife forum. So Carl, we’re both f**ked.

Another thought: the more long winded and complicated your posts are, the more likes they get, since then people don’t really know what to say in return, or don’t read the entire post, and just opt for a one click response. That seems to fit @Michi and me, at least. ;)

Back