Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stellite6k and talonite should make pretty crappy kitchen knives. The matrix is soft. The materials are tough and wear resistant, but we want very hard, thin edges that are also somewhat tough and the above two materials just don't excel in that. They are also very corrosion resistant though.
My Stellite6k statement was a bit sarcastic, because so many people complain about sharpening VG10. I do, however, think it would be interesting to have an oyster knife made of it because of the corrosion and wear resistance (plus the fact that I already have a piece). Other than that, I agree and don't see a place in the kitchen for it.

BST should allow people who have had a genuine bad experience with the seller to say something pointed.

I find the litany of bad excuses why any BST knife is ‘the **** but I just can’t buy it now...’ tiresome

I wish makers and vendors were around more
Send me your credit card info. I'll buy all the good ones, no excuses.

Here's mine.

Japanese knives are often overrated, and has become instruments to stimulate big egos. For the same reasons they often end up af drawer queen's. And are no where near as good a daily beater as a traditional German/western chef knife.

And one more.

Ceramic sharpening rods are perfectly good to maintain Japanese knives.

get-him.jpg

if
Here's mine.

Japanese knives are often overrated, and has become instruments to stimulate big egos. For the same reasons they often end up af drawer queen's. And are no where near as good a daily beater as a traditional German/western chef knife.

And one more.

Ceramic sharpening rods are perfectly good to maintain Japanese knives.
if you're happy with german knives, more power to you.

Men shouldn’t drive cars period. Only trucks and sometimes SUVs. The El Camino is the only possible exception.
Men should not drive trucks unless they actually utilize the capacity of the truck. Otherwise they are really just driving an oversized, bloated, slow, heavy car that handles and brakes like poop. 👍

Credit the Modern Lovers for Roadrunner

Nah, Chicago area drivers are both faster and more aggressive than 128 and MassPike drivers. They are, however, also at least a bit more skilled on average.
them be fighting words...I am a proud masshole

Men should not drive trucks unless they actually utilize the capacity of the truck. Otherwise they are really just driving an oversized, bloated, slow, heavy car that handles and brakes like poop. 👍

So how do you get back from the place where you are dropping the heavy load, or to the place where you are picking up the heavy load? Tow truck?

Ha -- child's play
I didn't say it wasn't fun. 20 yrs ago I had a Honda Civic, I could drive that car... push anyone around the road, and it handled well enough. then I made a life choice and grew up... Prius. I am still drooling over the wrx...

I’m sorry but SF the worst city to drive in. LA sucks, NY sucks but SF is just terrible.

NY isn't that bad really outside of rush hour. Unless you JUST mean Manhattan. But even most parts of Manhattan aren't bad outside of rush hour. Midtown blows at almost any time of day though.

Back