Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing worse than bundling knives for sale on BST is pretending it's a fun trend. These are simply undesirable knives and it's annoying as ****. Stop trying to make this a thing!
100% Offer a discount for purchasing multiples, but leave the option of buying individuals. Packing more than one box really isn't that hard.

The only thing worse than bundling knives for sale on BST is pretending it's a fun trend. These are simply undesirable knives and it's annoying as ****. Stop trying to make this a thing!
I can kind of see the logic when the knives are related to each other, like I've seen a petty and gyuto from the same maker with matching handles, but recently it's just a couple of quality knives together.

As someone who has sold and bought set deals. In my opinion, it can be an option to move a really sought after knife with a less sought after knife whether to not make a loss, to move them faster or both.

For set deals without a sought after knife, I think those take a little longer to go.

As someone who has sold and bought set deals. In my opinion, it can be an option to move a really sought after knife with a less sought after knife whether to not make a loss, to move them faster or both.

For set deals without a sought after knife, I think those take a little longer to go.
So what you’re saying is I should add my Victorinox bread knife to the bundle?

7201C4D6-729E-40ED-AF0A-B82B80EC2F6A.jpeg

How come I never seen any CMs up for resale on BST? They must just be that good that no one wanna let go of theirs.
Just checked her website for fun. Currently 5 “kitchen knives” available for purchase. Don’t seem to be flying off the shelf.

Edit: just noticed the fine print. “**Due to current high demand, please allow up to 12 months for this knife to be produced and delivered.** For expedited production, please select from the options below. “

If you pay an extra $200 you get the knife in a month. An extra $400 gets you a knife in two weeks. That’s one way to do it I guess.

Just checked her website for fun. Currently 5 “kitchen knives” available for purchase. Don’t seem to be flying off the shelf.
The listing is just a pre-order.

"**Due to current high demand, please allow up to 12 months for this knife to be produced and delivered.** For expedited production, please select from the options below. "

More fine print:

“Be aware that these knives are made from high carbon tool steel and will have a particular look and feel that is unlike traditional knives. My interest in this material is for its otherness, its personality, I encourage you to experience these knives as living art.”

I guess “otherness” is another way to say form over function and to dissuade complaints about how bad they perform.

Edit: just noticed the fine print. “**Due to current high demand, please allow up to 12 months for this knife to be produced and delivered.** For expedited production, please select from the options below. “

If you pay an extra $200 you get the knife in a month. An extra $400 gets you a knife in two weeks. That’s one way to do it I guess.
OK so check it out. I have a workaround. There's a guy I know that can supply me 100% authentic, fully finished CM knives, but I'll need 10 folks to commit to this group buy. Just send me $200 via venmo and I'll take care of the rest.

1683663846703.png

OK so check it out. I have a workaround. There's a guy I know that can supply me 100% authentic, fully finished CM knives, but I'll need 10 folks to commit to this group buy. Just send me $200 via venmo and I'll take care of the rest.

View attachment 242375
Only if they come with a handle made of wood reclaimed from his family owned barn, thick geometry, and near unusably curved profile.

Because in a busy lot it's easier to drive out forwards.
But that’s why the lot is so busy! Everyone has to wait for everyone to park!

I’m mostly just joking, but I just moved to Florida from the northeast and it seems everyone here wants to reverse in whereas up north, not as much. And much more congested where I used to live. Just one of those regional differences.

But that’s why the lot is so busy! Everyone has to wait for everyone to park!

I’m mostly just joking, but I just moved to Florida from the northeast and it seems everyone here wants to reverse in whereas up north, not as much. And much more congested where I used to live. Just one of those regional differences.
You're waiting for them to back in or to back out.

Around here, either they are good at both or horrible at both.

Not going to disagree that bundling is annoying for the buyer. Ive bundled probably more than anyone recently so I guess I suck.

With that said let me drop some knowledge, people complaining about bundling don’t seem to drop anything hot on BST.

Where are all of your Kamon’s, yanicks, 9’s, etc at cost?? Oh you don’t want to offer them up out of the goodness of your heart? 🤔

So I humbly submit bundling is still better than what these complainers are offering on BST which is nothing

Not going to disagree that bundling is annoying for the buyer. Ive bundled probably more than anyone recently so I guess I suck.

With that said let me drop some knowledge, people complaining about bundling don’t seem to drop anything hot on BST.

Where are all of your Kamon’s, yanicks, 9’s, etc at cost?? Oh you don’t want to offer them up out of the goodness of your heart? 🤔

So I humbly submit bundling is still better than what these complainers are offering on BST which is nothing
This is a fair point honestly. Bundling > hoarding for the sake of trade bait.
I think the "trade bait" philosophy ultimately just makes knives harder to get, and is somewhat self-reinforcing. Where are all the rare knives? Well, everyone is holding them to trade in case they want another unobtainium knife.

That being said, it is what it is in both cases. I can't really blame anyone for any of this as none of it is truly dishonest, just mildly annoying.

Back