WARNING: Get a barf bag. Another POS kitchen knife article.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those holes are knuckle graters especially with their special sharp corners, clever way to make a knife need replacing in a fraction of the time though

He has one boning knife for sale on his website. It is made from 440C with a stone handle and he wants $1995 for it AND you do get a cool exotic skin sheath, but no holes in the blade. Those are extra..:bliss: Like I said, Mr. Fisher's designs can be a bit polarizing, but he does have some skillz and apparenlty enough folks are willing to buy his work to keep him in bidness. With that said, I am waiting to hear what some of you might have to say about his comments on what makes a "great" chefs knife.:D

He makes a lot of handles using various types of stone, so they aren't going to be featherweight lasers by any stretch of the imagination.

I know, but that is very, very heavy. Most gyutos I use and prefer are around 200g, 1/3 of the weight of that thing.

He has one boning knife for sale on his website. It is made from 440C with a stone handle and he wants $1995 for it AND you do get a cool exotic skin sheath, but no holes in the blade. Those are extra..:bliss: Like I said, Mr. Fisher's designs can be a bit polarizing, but he does have some skillz and apparenlty enough folks are willing to buy his work to keep him in bidness. With that said, I am waiting to hear what some of you might have to say about his comments on what makes a "great" chefs knife.:D

Geez, he's more expensive than Kramer! I read some of his comments on what makes a great chefs knife, he certainly has plenty of information and opinions on his website, so I haven't read all of it. Some of the stuff is correct or sorta correct, some is off base; but he is confident about it, so if I didn't know what I know and read his site, I would probably take his word for it. I am sure many people do.

And yes, he does have a lot of talent. And if I am ever a CEO of a massive company and want a $5000 letter opener/piece of art to be in a stand on display on my massive mahogany desk, I would probably give him a call.

Just so you guys know, his work gets similar reactions on the non-kitchen knife forums. :D

Back