Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. I'm a longtime line cook and chef, and I've always been fascinated with knives. Started buying better knives and paying attention to details a bit more as I got older.

Now I'm almost officially old, and am considering starting to produce some of my own knives with the hope that by the time I'm ready to retire from the kitchen world (15 years or so), I'll have learned enough about knifemaking to maybe, just maybe be able to make a small supplemental income from selling the occasional knife. And if not, no harm no foul - I'll have myself an interesting hobby. Everybody wins. Except my wife.

Good evening Gents from baltimore MD

Short time Lurker and knife enthusiast, Full time Chef and food lover.

G'day, hope all are well. Newbie to the world of japanese knives. Am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Ryusen Tsuchime Damascus RD-5 Gyuto 210mm, I thought was a beautiful knife and hopefully even better performing. Anyone had any exp with one? Jason

Hey everybody just wanted to introduce myself. My names Iain. I just moved to NY and I work at DBGB. I am really quite fascinated with knives and how the work, sharpening, different steels ect so logically I have come to a knife forum :)

Hello from Kansas while I'm in Arizona! First post for me on this forum. I like most things that are sharp but in particular kitchen knives. I hope to learn a bunch about everything but in particular, good sharpening techniques. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hello all. Long-time lurker etc... finally thought I would step forward. My wife is bored of me nattering on about knives so I need to find new friends. You'll find me in Adelaide, Australia; an extra-special place with its own time zone. I got into Japanese knives 3-4 years ago when I got my Misono UXs from JCK. The bug then managed to leave me alone for a few years while we re-did our kitchen. Now we are back home, the itch to get more cutting edges has come to simmering point once more. Last year would have been better, when the $AUS was a tad more valuable than it is now, but timing, huh ? I will ask for help determining my next purchase soon.....

I am a newb to this community, however I've been handling blades now 24 years. As a culinarian, I have had the (dis)pleasure of using some of the crummiest knives ever produced, as well as a couple of the most profound. I have a handful of decent everyday knives I carry in my satchel: a couple of Japanese style, some vintage Frenchies, several of the Germans, and a myriad of retired Germans at the house. I would use better blades if I was financially able, however the paycheck of a chef doesn't allow for much more than I have. I'm looking forward interacting with this community and learning the technical details of the tools I rely on every day. Thanks for having me.

Stuart

Hi im jeff from VT. Great forum! Favorite knives are Hap40 and white steel #1. Wishing for more 225mm knives

Hi,
Glad to find this site, tired of beating the internet looking for answers to questions all of the time. Blue

Hey guys, got referred to this forum from a local knife shop (in London, UK). I have some knives I'm looking to sell and wanted to know the best way to get the ball rolling.

Please give me some help, I don't want to go posting pointless stuff in the wrong place and annoy people!

Hey guys, got referred to this forum from a local knife shop (in London, UK). I have some knives I'm looking to sell and wanted to know the best way to get the ball rolling.

Please give me some help, I don't want to go posting pointless stuff in the wrong place and annoy people!

Greetings! Lots of help if you're looking to buy. Selling has a few requirements that you don't currently meet. I'll be corrected if wrong but I believe thirty days as a member along with fifty quality posts. Jump in, meet people and contribute...you'll meet the requirements before you know it.

Hey everyone, I'm really excited to be a part of this community. I've been researching Japanese knives for many months now, and have been spending endless hours reading the different threads here, and really love the support and knowledge those on this forum share.

I hope to continue to learn, and be able to contribute meaningfully, one day, as well.

John

Been lurking for a few months, have purchased an unfortunate amount of knives for my wallet-- even 2 on the forums. Glad to be here and hoping to learn a great deal more about using and sharpening japanese knives!

Been lurking for a few months, have purchased an unfortunate amount of knives for my wallet-- even 2 on the forums. Glad to be here and hoping to learn a great deal more about using and sharpening japanese knives!

This is a lot of knowledgable people out there. When you read suggestions, just take them with a grain of salt. They are ALL subjective. Buy stone(s) that you can afford, and work on your technique. Don't listen to people who tell you to buy 4-,5,6 stones just to sharpen one knife..... Anyways, welcome and have fun!

Hallo from the South of Germany
Its my first post in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back