What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a limit of how many vids youi can post in one post so here is part 2.

this is just sweet

heard this one in olso in like 2011 or so in the basement of john doe.

i have this one on vinyl!

some banging ****!!

more banging ****

and then finally my fav swedish song, all time. :) and its bedtime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7wkDToHoh0

guess i'm getting pretty loaded today :)
but this is whats on the menu. it is what it is :)

they had better synths back then...

HIATUS KAIYOTE IS THE CHILLED MANDRILL
https___i.pinimg.com_originals_b3_7e_54_b37e541f81745411417821f997ca9f91.jpg

Just tryna vibe at Starbucks with a soy latte.

It's actually too edgy for me lol.

THE MAN NEEDS MORE CHILL

I see now. haha this might be closer actually. The acoustic drums might still be a little too direct though and put it over the top.

I'm thinking Jules might need a track that's just a bit of astrostatic noise to be the right level 🙃
I actually used the app Noisli for this in college. Blast that through some noise-cancelling headphones and go to town on some lab reports.

I actually used the app Noisli for this in college. Blast that through some noise-cancelling headphones and go to town on some lab reports.
It's weird how that helps, innit? Especially for me, I hate cafés and so on (people, ya know? and the smell of coffee, especially here in Melbourne) yet it does.

But then - and this is TRULY weird, because I'm hair metal boy - I moved on to a Canadian DJ I found, DJ Bolivia (Jonathan Clark). He had a house, tech-house, and techno radio show every couple of weeks in Nova Scotia - Subterranean Homesick Grooves - and through the magic of the internet I found him and his back catalog, and I've downloaded all 363 of the hour-long shows, and all his other stuff, and I found them to be awesome when my head was clear enough to study. My usual music was no good as it kept distracting me because I know it so well, so this was nothing I'd ever heard before, and it had a solid beat that helps me focus.

Nothing but weirdness, really, given my usual music consumption, but it really worked for helping me study. Silence is NOT an option, the noise in my head needs to be drowned out.

Reactions: msk
It's weird how that helps, innit? Especially for me, I hate cafés and so on (people, ya know? and the smell of coffee, especially here in Melbourne) yet it does.

But then - and this is TRULY weird, because I'm hair metal boy - I moved on to a Canadian DJ I found, DJ Bolivia (Jonathan Clark). He had a house, tech-house, and techno radio show every couple of weeks in Nova Scotia - Subterranean Homesick Grooves - and through the magic of the internet I found him and his back catalog, and I've downloaded all 363 of the hour-long shows, and all his other stuff, and I found them to be awesome when my head was clear enough to study. My usual music was no good as it kept distracting me because I know it so well, so this was nothing I'd ever heard before, and it had a solid beat that helps me focus.

Nothing but weirdness, really, given my usual music consumption, but it really worked for helping me study. Silence is NOT an option, the noise in my head needs to be drowned out.
I feel you on the cafés - If you want to ensure I get absolutely nothing done, surround me with other people.

Man that's great you found something that worked for you! I checked out some of his stuff - seems like it'd work great if you don't tend to get caught up in the beats too much.

This was always such an interesting phenomenon for me and I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced it. Everyone I know can just listen to their normal tunes and work right along. For me, listening to anything with lyrics often results in me accidentally typing some of them out at some point. I'm a professional saxophonist, so I also start automatically transcribing anything with even remotely interesting melodic or harmonic content. "Background music" just doesn't exist to my brain.

Fortunately, silence works great for me, although absolute silence is hard to come by. When necessary, that's when the Noisli app came into the picture. Eventually though I settled on a strange schedule to take advantage of the late night solitude:

Morning class -> long afternoon nap -> study till early morning -> long nap -> repeat

It sucked I hated it.

Very nice he says, begging me to stop sending him YouTube links. 🤣

I actually dig this a lot. Will add to my scenic roadtrip playlist 🤘
Yeah HOME is doing something right. That song has 68 million views on YouTube and someone even created a breakdown video with some BS explanation of how the song works so well, and got 2 million more views.
You'll probably like this one too, same artist.

Yeah HOME is doing something right. That song has 68 million views on YouTube and someone even created a breakdown video with some BS explanation of how the song works so well, and got 2 million more views.
You'll probably like this one too, same artist.

Yeah, that one is cool too. Very much in the same style.

Just watched that explanation video you mentioned, enjoyed it as well. This is like a well-done presentation of what I had to do in some classical theory courses. haha if you find any of that stuff interesting, Adam Neely does some great videos (that are also much more meme-filled).

Last edited:
Mix two amazing songs in their own right, "Dave Brubeck - Take Five" and "The Stranglers - Golden Brown" and this is what you get:

I feel you on the cafés - If you want to ensure I get absolutely nothing done, surround me with other people.
Yeah, people suck 🙃

Man that's great you found something that worked for you! I checked out some of his stuff - seems like it'd work great if you don't tend to get caught up in the beats too much.
If I know the song, I get lost in it. If I don't, I'm fine.

"Background music" just doesn't exist to my brain.
Me either, if I know the song.

Fortunately, silence works great for me, although absolute silence is hard to come by.
Yeah, especially around here (inner city). Really hoping we can get this rural move done.

It sucked I hated it.
Man, I can see why...

Reactions: msk
some really banging clubby ****. from the golden days.
when a tune is 9 minutes long, guess what that really means.. :)
there is good **** in the middle.

this one i have on vinyl!!

Last edited:
Back