What are we reading lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a man with a kindest smile...
IMG-20230926-WA0005.jpeg

It's a complex story. Nixon dropped more bombs on Cambodian communist than against Japanese in WW2. POL POT was in China during Cultural Revolution also purging of intelligentsia not China's better moment. When South Vietnam fell so did Pro western government in Cambodia. No restrictions Pol Pot took people out of cities to be peasant farmers. Families separated monks, professionals persecuted. The egalitarian ideal resulted in genocide to any imagined opposition kind of like Stalins Russia. Millions of Cambodians died.

It's a complex story. Nixon dropped more bombs on Cambodian communist than against Japanese in WW2. POL POT was in China during Cultural Revolution also purging of intelligentsia not China's better moment. When South Vietnam fell so did Pro western government in Cambodia. No restrictions Pol Pot took people out of cities to be peasant farmers. Families separated monks, professionals persecuted. The egalitarian ideal resulted in genocide to any imagined opposition kind of like Stalins Russia. Millions of Cambodians died.
fascinating
I know very little about southeast asian history, though I've read a lot about soviet russia

Strangest thing people rulling Cambodia today are ex Rogue Khmers or their offspring

Started reading this but then I remembered Cormac McCarthy passed and now I want to stop and read Suttree instead.

2ebe1b4f7bd05d7.png

Back